Own GT350, drove 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

liter of cola

Established Member
I sat in a gs today, they let me turn it on (sounds mean) and pop the top off too. Im in love. Shit guys... i think im wanna go for a corvette.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I sat in a gs today, they let me turn it on (sounds mean) and pop the top off too. Im in love. Shit guys... i think im wanna go for a corvette.
The Corvette is a great performer. If you like the way it drives and looks and have no use for a backseat; you should buy one. Otherwise you might regret your decision. The GT350 is great, but it's not a sports car. It's a GT car with some sports car performance attributes. It's not light, it's not balanced and it doesn't have a low center of gravity.

That being said, buy a z06. Here's a new one for 15k under msrp and under 70k.

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/193114fb

I think you will regret buying any Corvette close to msrp and the gs is too new to see huge discounts on.

C7s with less than 7k miles are in the frickin 30s already.

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1a3516ac

These cars tank in value at an astronomical rate. Which is what makes them such great values!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

liter of cola

Established Member
Will definatley be giving it some thought, although i do like the idea of an all motor build.

Who wants my gt350??? 17' mag, blue stripes, tech pack, car cover for msrp $60,345 build date of 11/4/16

Last edited:

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Will definatley be giving it some thought, although i do like the idea of an all motor build.

Who wants my gt350??? 17' mag, blue stripes, tech pack, car cover for msrp $60,345 build date of 11/4/16

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1609-katech-ultimate-427-lt1-naturally-aspirated-performance/

katech-lt1-corvette-motor-build.jpg

Katech 427ci Street Attack LT1 engine
700hp/620tq
Forged 4340 crankshaft
Forged H-beam rods
Forged 2618 pistons
Halltech C7 carbon fiber air intake system
Katech Camshaft
VVT limiter
Katech AFM delete billet valley cover
High speed lifters
High Lift valve springs
Valve spring locators
Intake valve seals
Exhaust valve seals
Titanium valve spring retainers
C5-R timing chain
Katech piston squirters
Katech CNC-ported heads
MSD Atomic Air Force intake manifold
Katech 103mm billet throttle body
Chassis dyno calibration
Serialized plaque
Price: $23,633 (with factory dry sump system)
$TBA (with Katech/ARE dry sump system)

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member

have you gone for a ride in a GT350 yet?

liter of cola

Established Member
have you gone for a ride in a GT350 yet?

No test drives aloud anywhere, Dont have any friends With one. So no. But i sat in one and i sat in the corvette and the presance of the corvette and the corvettes interior is far more superiour.

The corvette imo is just way more badass. Also you can start it with the valves open :)

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No test drives aloud anywhere, Dont have any friends With one. So no. But i sat in one and i sat in the corvette and the presance of the corvette and the corvettes interior is far more superiour.

The corvette imo is just way more badass. Also you can start it with the valves open :)

I completely disagree with that but it is subjective.

The Corvette is a great performer. If you like the way it drives and looks and have no use for a backseat; you should buy one. Otherwise you might regret your decision. The GT350 is great, but it's not a sports car. It's a GT car with some sports car performance attributes. It's not light, it's not balanced and it doesn't have a low center of gravity.

That being said, buy a z06. Here's a new one for 15k under msrp and under 70k.

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/193114fb

I think you will regret buying any Corvette close to msrp and the gs is too new to see huge discounts on.

C7s with less than 7k miles are in the frickin 30s already.

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1a3516ac

These cars tank in value at an astronomical rate. Which is what makes them such great values!

The brand new gs linked above is already 10k off of msrp.

liter of cola

Established Member
Never said it was an economically smart decision. But for the performance of the gs for that price. Im having a hard time convincing myself to stick with the shelby.

liter of cola

Established Member
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1609-katech-ultimate-427-lt1-naturally-aspirated-performance/

View attachment 75239

Katech 427ci Street Attack LT1 engine
700hp/620tq
Forged 4340 crankshaft
Forged H-beam rods
Forged 2618 pistons
Halltech C7 carbon fiber air intake system
Katech Camshaft
VVT limiter
Katech AFM delete billet valley cover
High speed lifters
High Lift valve springs
Valve spring locators
Intake valve seals
Exhaust valve seals
Titanium valve spring retainers
C5-R timing chain
Katech piston squirters
Katech CNC-ported heads
MSD Atomic Air Force intake manifold
Katech 103mm billet throttle body
Chassis dyno calibration
Serialized plaque
Price: $23,633 (with factory dry sump system)
$TBA (with Katech/ARE dry sump system)

Jesus christ that would be insane in the gs!!!

krt22

Established Member

If interior look/feel is the deciding factor for buying the car, you really are completely missing the point of the GT350 . If I were you I would try to find a local owner or mustang meet to hear and drive in one first. Vettes arent going anywhere, they are a dime a dozen and the longer you wait to buy one into the model year the deeper the discounts and the more free gold chains they throw in. You could take delivery of your GT350, drive it for a few hundred miles and if you really dont like it sell it/trade it for almost zero loss. Can't say the same thing about the vette.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Never said it was an economically smart decision. But for the performance of the gs for that price. Im having a hard time convincing myself to stick with the shelby.

The value of the GT350 will still be high 2 years from now. In that same time period, you'll be able to trade a stick of Juicy Fruit and a pack of forever postage stamps for a Corvette GS.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If interior look/feel is the deciding factor for buying the car, you really are completely missing the point of the GT350 . If I were you I would try to find a local owner or mustang meet to hear and drive in one first. Vettes arent going anywhere, they are a dime a dozen and the longer you wait to buy one into the model year the deeper the discounts and the more free gold chains they throw in. You could take delivery of your GT350, drive it for a few hundred miles and if you really dont like it sell it/trade it for almost zero loss. Can't say the same thing about the vette.
True. I drove both and preferred the feel of the GT350. The z06 is 100% purposebuilt. It's small and feels like you're sitting on the ground. Which makes it great for its intended purpose.

I wanted an enjoyable street car. To me the GT350 is more along the lines of a gts m4 or c63 black series coupe. It's well mannered in every aspect, but fairly capable for it's size.

But if performance and capability are what you're after I think the GS or Z06 wins hands down. You just can't **** with it, haha.

LiterOfFarva: you should create a thread with your location and ask a forum member to let you drive their car haha. It's too bad people can't test drive these cars.

liter of cola

Established Member

Last i checked $6000 taxes will be lost and 5k off the 60 cuz no one will buy a used gt350 for msrp. So doing what you recommend would lose me nearly $10k. No thanks.

Lots of Vette haters...lol

For real. Its ok i was one of them not too long ago.

True. I drove both and preferred the feel of the GT350. The z06 is 100% purposebuilt. It's small and feels like you're sitting on the ground. Which makes it great for its intended purpose.

I wanted an enjoyable street car. To me the GT350 is more along the lines of a gts m4 or c63 black series coupe. It's well mannered in every aspect, but fairly capable for it's size.

But if performance and capability are what you're after I think the GS or Z06 wins hands down. You just can't **** with it, haha.

LiterOfFarva: you should create a thread with your location and ask a forum member to let you drive their car haha. It's too bad people can't test drive these cars.

Thats 1 reason i preferred the vette just by sitting in it. Feels like a spaceship cockpit, sure does feel like your sitting on the floor. Feels like your in a racecar which is what i want. I want the most hardcore sled for my money. Vettes where its at as far as that goes.

Dont think i have the patience to wait for some guy to trust me with his shelby. I know i wouldnt want my closest friends driving mine. I'll create that thread though. I just dont think it will impress me enough to change my mind, i've driven my friends 714whp whipple 15' 5.0. Its awesome but its still a gt car. Vette is next level.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Last i checked $6000 taxes will be lost and 5k off the 60 cuz no one will buy a used gt350 for msrp. So doing what you recommend would lose me nearly $10k. No thanks.

For real. Its ok i was one of them not too long ago.

Thats 1 reason i preferred the vette just by sitting in it. Feels like a spaceship cockpit, sure does feel like your sitting on the floor. Feels like your in a racecar which is what i want. I want the most hardcore sled for my money. Vettes where its at as far as that goes.

Dont think i have the patience to wait for some guy to trust me with his shelby. I know i wouldnt want my closest friends driving mine. I'll create that thread though. I just dont think it will impress me enough to change my mind, i've driven my friends 714whp whipple 15' 5.0. Its awesome but its still a gt car. Vette is next level.

If your not planning on keeping either vehicle yes you are right, you will lose ttl and some money off msrp. But on the bright side you will lose ttl on the vette plus 40%+ off of msrp.

Users who are viewing this thread