P-63 collides with B-17 in Dallas

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Was that intentional?

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Another YouTube video I watched on this with someone discussing the crash, this guy said the view within the cockpit of the smaller would not have allowed the for the pilot to see the plane until the very last minute. He sounded like he was familiar with the cockpit of the smaller plane.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wckdvnm

Established Member
Another YouTube video I watched on this with someone discussing the crash, this guy said the view within the cockpit of the smaller would not have allowed the for the pilot to see the plane until the very last minute. He sounded like he was familiar with the cockpit of the smaller plane.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yeah P-39’s and the later P-63’s have terrible nose visibility especially from the angle of the collision and by the time he would have seen it was way to late to react as that airframe was meh at best.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Havent seem this here yet:

084DEEBC-8D21-4FC8-9106-630EACB2EF8E.jpeg
C4BF0BC9-03DD-40DD-909A-8259F637E16F.jpeg
EFA444C1-F5C1-4EBC-9CA6-7935D09C6860.jpeg
B1EB08DE-D5D9-4F26-9E19-0C4D083D2AFE.jpeg
5AE9D215-0093-420D-A5E1-AA63DADAD6DF.jpeg

pretty wild!

rborden

Established Member
Forbes has an article out saying the pilot of the P-63 King Cobra misjudged a turn. Journalism is shit nowadays. We don’t know what really happened. A flight control system could have failed or the pilot coukd have had a medical issue.

There were 9 of these B-17’s in flying condition before today. There were only 2 P-63’s. A tragic loss of pilots and crew and these increasingly rare planes.

Blown 89

Established Member
The pilot probably didn’t see the B-17. It’s incredibly difficult to see aircraft below you when you’re in the air at slower speeds none the less that fast…not to mention those have horrific visibility. Judging by the angle the pilot was probably looking farther ahead. Air shows are dangerous

rborden

Established Member
The pilot probably didn’t see the B-17. It’s incredibly difficult to see aircraft below you when you’re in the air at slower speeds none the less that fast…not to mention those have horrific visibility. Judging by the angle the pilot was probably looking farther ahead. Air shows are dangerous
Seriously? You’re starting to sound like those who spew the nonsense that guns are dangerous.

I’ve been to more than 100 airshows nationwide in my lifetime and I have yet to see a crash or anything explode.

I’d say that Nascar and Indy car races are inherently more dangerous than airshows.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That's a real shame. I just seen those planes at the MAAM in Reading PA. I'm assuming the P-63 was Test (Name of the plane). They are mostly flown be current or ex-fighter pilots.
maam2.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
Seriously? You’re starting to sound like those who spew the nonsense that guns are dangerous.

I’ve been to more than 100 airshows nationwide in my lifetime and I have yet to see a crash or anything explode.

I’d say that Nascar and Indy car races are inherently more dangerous than airshows.
There are more accidents than people realize. Here's list. For comparison, 2 Nascar drivers and 3 Indy drivers have been killed in the same time period....there have been 7 deaths in the US this year alone (six from this accident) and 17 in the past 5 years so no, Nascar and Indy are not even close to being more dangerous.

I've been going to airshows my entire life. My entire family, including myself are pilots. My immediate family are all aeronautical engineers with security clearance so I've also traveled to airshows all around the world in tow with them (work sponsored family vacations). I've seen a few fatal accidents.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Heard a bit more this morning from guys I know who were there, can't say much more aside confirming the 6 deaths as it's confidential and I wasn't privy/told but the thing you'll "see" (probably won't until it's over as it'll be behind the FAA's & NTSB's doors) is the air boss is going to get grilled hard. Probably a "no duh" but it's the little I've got.

Love all the idiots on social media wanting to ban airshows. Saying the these planes are too old... or the maintenance is poor. They surive off people paying for rides, in planes that are irreplaceable. Safety is in the hands of the mechanics proper and documented maintenance is paramount, as well as damn good and safe pilots as any accident could end it all, bankrupt a company.
I was always taught.
"There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but no Old, Bold pilots."

And when you think planes from the 40s are old, meanwhile the KC-135s and B-52 that are only about a decade- 15 years newer are still in active service. Sadly when a KC-135 crashes over population, your city gets a new park.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
We drove past the airshow and were enjoying watching some planes fly synchronized and a twin beech go over the highway shortly after.

Maybe an hour later we were sent the link from my brother in law.

Users who are viewing this thread