P0172 and P0127

stewarts2008

Established Member
System too rich bank 1&2.

This only happens every other time I drive the car, and ALWAYS at idle. When the CEL isnt lit, the car performs flawlessly at WOT as seen in my previous dyno. I dont get into boost when that CEL is on though, because i think it locks it at 10 afr and smells like im destroying the entire ozone layer.

I have gotten this CEL on and off ever since i put on my blower. I did some research and most of the information on it is:

-Inspect PCV hoses and check for vacuum leaks.
-Dirty MAF sensor. Clean with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner and install after it dries.
-Clean fuel injectors with fuel injector cleaner

Im trying to think of everything I did during the install. I put the golden clips that come with the ID100s on the injector even though they didnt fit all of the way..... im pretty sure code p0300 would have lit if that was the problem though. I may try taking those clips off, twisting everything around, and making sure the fuel injectors are seated properly.

Not sure where a vacuum could be letting out. I have the JPC breather package, but the light was coming on before I ever put that on.

Its not a boost leak, because i redid ALL of the piping and put t bolt clamps on some of the trouble areas.... not to mention it did fine on the dyno.

I guess i will try one or 2 things when the car cools for a while. Has anyone else had this issue or can brainstorm with me on other things i should try?

Thanks for the help in advance.

stewarts2008

Established Member
just cleaned the maf with maf cleaner and used worm clamps around the "tee" for the vacuum bov hose... still smells rich... guess i will have to wait to hear back from the lund logs i did

powerhogger

Established Member
I had these codes on mine and it turns out it was an exhaust leak. Might want to check your pipes just in case

stewarts2008

Established Member
I had these codes on mine and it turns out it was an exhaust leak. Might want to check your pipes just in case

hmmm, that would make sense why it only comes on during long idles and not while im driving at speed.... an exhaust leak would eventually be sniffed out by the o2 sensor at a long stop. Guess I will throw it on a lift tomorrow and feel it out. I hope thats all there is to it

stewarts2008

Established Member
Switched back to the Lund Base tune from my dyno tune.... thought it was fixed, but after about 6 start ups, the p0175 came back, but not the p0172..... im about to convert my whole car back to stock and sell it/part it out....

.... and now, after taking it to the exhaust shop to check for leaks, all they did was drive it up on a lift, but now im getting noises from the car that i didnt have before.... im so over this modding thing

Users who are viewing this thread