P0463 code after PPRV delete

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Need some input guys.

After installing my PPRV delete from Lethal (Thanks Jared), I now have a CEL and P0463 trouble code :(. This in turn, also means I have a F'd up fuel gauge, as it only reads empty :)readaverysarcastictone: I love it when an install goes off without a hitch :mj:)

Anywho, I have researched the code and it is: P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

I am assuming that during the removal or reinstall of the fuel hat/pump assembly we jacked up the sending unit by torquing the fuel float arm. Is this what you guys think happened? I have datalogged and the FLI Pid sits at 1.00 and doesn't fluxuate at all. Also, if anyone has any tips on how I can insure against this not happening again, please point me in the right direction. I am reading where this part is in the $70 range :cryying:.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys :beer:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I know the float sensor is as sensitive as a woman during the middle of her period watching Titanic for the first time.

I payed a shop to do my PPRV delete so they'd be liable.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
:lol: This is all too true my friend, as I am now finding out!

There needs to be plenty of warning toward future Terminator owner's about this potential problem when performing this mod.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
You messed up the sending unit. I had the same thing happen. Mine looked 100% fine but wouldn't work. I think a new one was about $75-$80 from Steve @ Tousley.

It's tricky as hell to cram it all back in there, espevially if you're using the new hoses. Just be veewy,veewy careful.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Thanks brother, I will get on ordering a new sending unit :nonono:, not happy about it, but I am tired of keeping of with number of gallons added vs. miles of road travelled.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
You can carefully unclip the float/arm assembly from the sender when you remove it and clip it back on once the pumps are halfway back in the tank. It's the easiest way not to put excessive force on the sender.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
wow, any tips from experience for people doing this mod in the future....

yes dont force the pump assembly in, the electronics are very very delicate. When you force the pump assembly in the float arm pushes on the electronics for the sender and breaks it. Its a very thin circuit board. When you are assembling aim the float assembly in first at an angle, then tuck the fuel lines into the tank, then slide the complete assembly in. If you try to drop it straight down shit breaks

dgksleeper

Established Member
what if the guage only goes empty after fill ups and works after some fuel has come out ???? I am having that problem, any ideas?

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
when ever I remove the fuel pumps I always pull the float arm off the sender before pulling the pumps out of the tank, and I only put the float arm back on while I'm putting the pumps back into the tank with the pumps mainly inside the tank already. Easy to do that way.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Same thing just happened to me this weekend call Steve it was 88.00 bucks with shipping. I did the pumps and pprv delete and when putting it back in I hear a snap. It was the board the float uses for the fuel level. There are only two small nuts holding the sensor on the fuel hat. I am going to put the hat in the tank then attach the sender.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Thats the right way to do it. Trust me. You can even mount the back plate first with the screws and then snap the sending unit in place. Just take your time and pay attention. Do not pry with excessive force.

Now, I would only remove and/or install the fuel hat without the sending unit by removing the 2 attaching screws. What I recommend will then make more since once you get started.

There are only two small nuts holding the sensor on the fuel hat. I am going to put the hat in the tank then attach the sender.

Users who are viewing this thread