P90x

rocktilldeath10

SVT Poster
Established Member
Anybody do this workout program? i started on friday, and i gotta say, this sheets tough! im still sore in places i never knew could get sore!

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
i had a write up on this topic not to long ago. a lot of people said it worked for them. I got it today and will be starting it tomorrow and complimenting it with my daily lifting regimen. Hope it works for ya. Are you doing the diet plan as well??

rocktilldeath10

SVT Poster
Established Member
i WANT to do the diet plan, but as of right now, im about half doing it. im about average for my age, 5'11 about 160, and always have been athletic, and able to eat anything i wanted and not gain an ounce, but i want to get bigger/more toned, so im going to try my hardest to stay with the diet plan, but itll be hard.

p.s. i woulda searched for the p90x threads, but i couldnt find the search function

p0ky24

Established Member
ive just got done with the first 4 week cycle and have lost 20lbs and 4 inches off my waist.....i love it and cant wait to see what shape ill be in after the next 2 cycles are over with.....i would recommend it to anyone

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
i just got it myself and it really does kick your butt!! im a ups driver and i thought i was in shape....HELL NO!! this does work and cant wait to see the end results.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Damnit, enough reviews from fatbodies, I want to know how effective this is at building lean mass.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
I am in the 4th week of P90x, and i have always been in decent shape. This program is tough the first 2 weeks were especially rough but now its getting alot better. Im 6'2 175 ive always been a tall lanky person so i started this to build lean mass and get cut and i can already see a difference. I am pretty excited about how much different i already look in 3.5 weeks of training, although before i started i was doing plyometrics, running, and various exercises like push ups but no where near the dedication P90x requires. I play volleyball and like to be able to dunk over my friends so i was just kind of maintaining the shape ive always been in. I highly recommend P90x for those looking to get in much better shape, cut up, and build a moderate amount of lean muscle mass. Like any exercise plan though if you don't follow a good diet then you won't get the results that you want, and ive been doing the best i can to eat right the hardest part has been cutting out the Dr. Pepper but ive succeeded in narrowing it down to 1 every other day.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
What do you guys do for the weights and pull up bar requirements?

I got the Iron Gym pull up bar that goes in the doorway and it works perfectly for me. As far as weights go i have 5,10,15,20,25 dumbbells that i scavenged from my parents. I also on the Legs/Back day work out at the wellness center at my University since i have no where near the weight at my house to get a decent lower body workout.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Ordered mine the other night. Hope I can stay disciplined enough..

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
just tried the Plyometrics dvd and deadgum that thing is tough. Went 30 minutes to try it out. i lift 5x a weeka nd work as a strength and conditioning coach and I thought that it was going to be a breeze, well I was wrong. Im using this as another way to get in some great cardio and body weight exercises since I have little man's syndrome I cant cut out the heavy lifting, so i wont change my diet at all so I can support my lifting.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
Ordered mine the other night. Hope I can stay disciplined enough..

trust me its not discipline, its being really sore after haha. so far after 1 week im pretty hurtin i had to take 2 days off too get the muscles back. im pumped up for this, just need to get the kinks out. i may be good after 2 weeks.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I saw the infomercial for this for the first time today. Sounds logical with muscle confusion being a solid way to build strength. Good luck with the progresses.

rocktilldeath10

SVT Poster
Established Member
Damnit, enough reviews from fatbodies, I want to know how effective this is at building lean mass.

lol im not a fatbody, already have decent muscle mass, but just these last 3 days, i can already see it toning up/adding. if i can stay on the diet plan, it should be awsome in the end :beer:

first i bought one of those pull up bars that you screw into the doorway, then one day in dicks (last thursday) i saw the iron gym, it was 30 bucks, and i had a dicks score card reward check for 30$, so i bought it, and took the screw in one back. that iron gym is the shit! you can even do the tricep dips with it.

im still sore from the first day! but i just need to get the disipline to stay on the diet....i eat unhealthy as of right now, but im still skiny

Last edited:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
lol im not a fatbody, already have decent muscle mass, but just these last 3 days, i can already see it toning up/adding. if i can stay on the diet plan, it should be awsome in the end :beer:

first i bought one of those pull up bars that you screw into the doorway, then one day in dicks (last thursday) i saw the iron gym, it was 30 bucks, and i had a dicks score card reward check for 30$, so i bought it, and took the screw in one back. that iron gym is the shit! you can even do the tricep dips with it.

im still sore from the first day! but i just need to get the disipline to stay on the diet....i eat unhealthy as of right now, but im still skiny

ha I'm just messing with you guys. I'm going back to the gym full time in march for the first time in almost 2 years. Hell, I have even went once in the last 6 months. I was thinking of maybe doing a routine of this first before going back.

rocktilldeath10

SVT Poster
Established Member
i would definatly reccomend it. i thought it would be a breeze as well (playing 4 years of H.S. football only about a year and a half ago) and damn i was/am sore as hell!

i usually go to the gym 3-4 dsays a week but, am going to do this for 90 days, then start the gym again

Users who are viewing this thread