P90x

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'm a personal trainer and I do tell my customers to do the AB ripper from p90x.
has anyone ever heard of advocare products?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

well your giving bad advice from the start, go away :bored:

mach1won

Established Member
P90 not only gets you lean and healthy... It gives you BA tattoos too. Ha thanks for the compliments guys, it's one of the main motivators I found with this whole weight loss thing. It's a hard process but the end results are worth every bit of sweat and sacrifice you make. Ive really not followed any specific diet considering I'm on a budget as well. Just cut out all the junk food I was eating and drink nothing but water, and the occasional red bull now and then. I eat a lot of salad and chicken now a days along with protein shakes when I'm feeling hungry between meals. The main thing that has helped me I think is water.. I drink at the least a gallon a day. You'd be really surprised about how much less you eat when your stomach is full of water! If anyone wants any advice or to know anything specific about the workout don't be afraid to hit me up! It's really motivating to have the knowledge about getting back in shape that people want to know. Here in a bit I'll probably post some more before and after pictures so you guys can get a better look at how this program helps. :beer:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
P90x is for fat old bald headed men, that are too cheap to hit the gym and do it like a real man.

mach1won

Established Member
And fat 22 year olds who don't really have the time or interest in going to a gym. But to each his own! As long as someone is healthy and/or trying is all that matters in my eyes.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
Mach1won.....congratulations on your progress . I went into a little lapse over the holidays and am looking forward to seeing my abs again. I hit the p90 back and bi's today and a little ab ripper and feel a million times better.

Jroc

Established Member
How does P90X compare to Insanity?

I'm not out of shape or anything, but I'm thinking about trying one to up my workout. For one my normal workout routine has become too routine, and easy for me to do, and when I do go do something that works out muscles that my routine doesn't target I realize how weak those muscles are, and how much they don't get used with my normal workout. I need to start doing workouts that targets all my muscles.

My normal workout consists of me doing 150 jumping jacks going straight into 150 ski jumps, right into 30 pushups, straight into 50 mountain climbers. I then take about a 30 second break, and get a drink of aqua and I do the same routine again 5 times in a row. I've gotten so good at it, and it's become so easy for me to do that I can complete it in less than 18 minutes if I try.

Last edited:

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
How does P90X compare to Insanity?

I'm not out of shape or anything, but I'm thinking about trying one to up my workout. For one my normal workout routine has become too routine, and easy for me to do, and when I do go do something that works out muscles that my routine doesn't target I realize how weak those muscles are, and how much they don't get used with my normal workout. I need to start doing workouts that targets all my muscles.

My normal workout consists of me doing 150 jumping jacks going straight into 150 ski jumps, right into 30 pushups, straight into 50 mountain climbers. I then take about a 30 second break, and get a drink of aqua and I do the same routine again 5 times in a row. I've gotten so good at it, and it's become so easy for me to do that I can complete it in less than 18 minutes if I try.

Insanity is geared more towards cardio/stamina where p90 focuses on core resistance training/lifting with some cardio thrown in .

The routines are excellent if you want to add weight training to your workouts .

I use the Chest&back , Shoulders&arms , chest&shoulders , and Back&bicep routines .....you can tailor them to go high weight low rep or low weight high rep depending on your goals .

Their Plyo routine is pretty intense and similiar to your current workout but x 10!

Jroc

Established Member
Insanity is geared more towards cardio/stamina where p90 focuses on core resistance training/lifting with some cardio thrown in .

The routines are excellent if you want to add weight training to your workouts .

I use the Chest&back , Shoulders&arms , chest&shoulders , and Back&bicep routines .....you can tailor them to go high weight low rep or low weight high rep depending on your goals .

Their Plyo routine is pretty intense and similiar to your current workout but x 10!

I have read where people say that if you are wanting to burn fat, and flatten your stomach that it's good to start with Insanity and complete it first as Insanity is better for just burning fat without building a bunch of muscle which is undesirable when trying to shrink your belly as you don't want to just build a bunch of muscle underneath your fat. Then after you've complete the Insanity program, and lost the size off your belly and other places you were looking to that it's good to switch over to the P90X program as it's better for building muscle. IDK that's just what I've read B/F. Most people who do either workout seem to have a lot of praise for either of them.

I'm not really fat though. 6'1" at about 175 lbs.

mach1won

Established Member
To answer the knee question p90 actually shows you in each video how to tone it down if your knees can't take the impact. During the plyo video they preach that if it's bothering you to actually slow down and follow these said tips. As far as the insanity workout goes I've heard many good things about it and actually contemplated starting it before doing my second round of p90 but decided against it. Cardio still really isn't my thing so I'll stick with my core training during winter then hopefully get in to some running/cardio workouts when it warms up a little outside.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I have read where people say that if you are wanting to burn fat, and flatten your stomach that it's good to start with Insanity and complete it first as Insanity is better for just burning fat without building a bunch of muscle which is undesirable when trying to shrink your belly as you don't want to just build a bunch of muscle underneath your fat. Then after you've complete the Insanity program, and lost the size off your belly and other places you were looking to that it's good to switch over to the P90X program as it's better for building muscle. IDK that's just what I've read B/F. Most people who do either workout seem to have a lot of praise for either of them.

I'm not really fat though. 6'1" at about 175 lbs.

ill say this from experience, youll have a hard time doing insanity compared to p90x. i would complete 2 rounds of p90x before attempting insanity

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
To answer the knee question p90 actually shows you in each video how to tone it down if your knees can't take the impact. During the plyo video they preach that if it's bothering you to actually slow down and follow these said tips. As far as the insanity workout goes I've heard many good things about it and actually contemplated starting it before doing my second round of p90 but decided against it. Cardio still really isn't my thing so I'll stick with my core training during winter then hopefully get in to some running/cardio workouts when it warms up a little outside.

Yep....I agree . I think using the bands , so you dont have to constantly bend and pick up weights , and using the lower impact option it can be very knee friendly .

mach1won

Established Member
The bands saved my life for the first month! Can't count how many I snapped in the process though :bash: I could hardly do 2 pull ups when I started, but after a few months of using the bands instead I usually do sets of 5-10. Here are a few more pics. Hopefully these help some get motivated! I know when I didn't feel like working out I'd watch a few transformation videos on YouTube and be ready to press play after.

f744f950.jpg

5017423f.jpg

b853b561.jpg

ee099f61.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread