P90x

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
I QUIT P90x after 45 days. I am with Poop and that other guy. I lift "BIG", and working out in my house by myself just was too boring. I am a social butterfly, dont hold me down, dont hold me back!:rolling::beer:

LoL.

I know what you mean. I am a large guy, 6'6 270, bf 14-16% as of now (yuck), have been athletic most of my life and in the gym 5 days a week. But I wouldnt mind hitting the weights at 5 am before work and then hitting p90x at night with the wife. Heck, I dont know, never tried, kinda excited.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I suggest reading this here:

[ame=http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224]Guide to Novice Barbell Training, aka the Official RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ - Bodybuilding.com Forums[/ame]

04svtterm

Established Member
wow just started it...on my 4th day and its already kicking my ass. So much better then the average gym workout IMO. i just have so much more energy...flexability has improved...stamina is already improved. I feel so much better and tighter in just a few days. Plus its a nice change from the 5-6 day a week gym routine that ive had for the past 5 years. Recommend it to all.

351inside

Established Member
i did about the first phase through out, started the second phase and only completed half of it, i still work out, but i work in construction and im walking moving for 8 plus a day, so i havent done the plyo or cardio since i started work again in about 3 weeks. but i do the weight training and Ab ripper, im down about 3.5 inches off my waist and no stretch marks watso ever, also down 25 lbs, everything else looks good to, ill post up pics of my before and after. So far im in the program about 70 days so one more month. Also when i do feel like doing some cardio or some plyo i put on a 20 lbs vest now and i can do the work outs no problem...

I can do Alot of pushups now ( more than 50) and about 10 pull ups, as oppose to not being able to do more than 12 push ups and NO pull ups when i started.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot to post up my before/afters. Ignore my goofy ass face and pasty whiteness.

beforeafter_front.jpg

beforeafter_back.jpg

I actually didn't lose any weight in the 3 months I was doing this... scale has said 180-181 pretty much every morning for the last 3 months. It was fun, but juggling work, class, and working out at night is pretty tough. On top of that, I was running 6 miles a day at lunchtime, so I was definitely burning a lot of energy every day before working out.

More than anything, P90X gave me the motivation to keep going and see that my hard work was paying off. It also gave me an opportunity to learn more than I ever needed to know about nutrition and working out in general. I've developed my own routine at the gym now, so I can workout at lunch time only, and not have to worry about squeezing them in at night (That was the worst part of the program, IMO).

My biggest improvement over the 3 months as far as a single exercise was pull ups. Started off being able to do 1 or 2 max and I can now do 20+.

greyhd

Established Member
I know this thread has been dead for a while but anyone have a P90X they want to get rid of for a reasonable price? TIA

qurtrn10

Established Member
After reading through the entire thread, I've decided to start the P90X program. I have the chin up bar on order, and I have a friend that is going to burn me a copy of the DVDs. I went online and printed out the worksheets. What else do I need? Is the information on nutrition on a DVD, or is that in a book? I'll probably run out and pick up some free weights and a mat this weekend.

I'll add myself to the before/after pics too!

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Hopefully this isnt too dead of a thread, but i started this again, i got into it a while ago but then i got an injury and surgery which sidelined me from working out, man i gotta say its brutal, its even more brutal after a period of sedentary living and mild PT. Cant wait to get a few weeks into this

qurtrn10

Established Member
I took a bit of a break too. My first day back was yesterday actually. You just have to remember to keep pressing play. :)

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Any of yall that has posted in the past year that have had good results, send me a message. Im looking for quick bio's and before/after pics for a website. Good job to those that stuck it out for those 90 grueling days! Thanks.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I've been a runner for quite a while. I'm tall and skinny like most runners. I quit cold turkey about 2 weeks ago (getting up at 5am when its 5 degrees to run 5 miles sucks; i've had enough). Just ordered p90x and I can't wait to get started. I'm going full speed with nutrition too...you gotta be all in or not in at all.

mach1won

Established Member
Finished my first round of it last month. Down 50 pounds :banana: took a month off now started again today, already feel better after one chest and back workout. Here are a set of before and after pictures just for reference. Started at 267 and sit at 212 right now. Feel much much better about myself these days.

Before.
701a7b0d.jpg

After.
4f0f0f91.jpg

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Good shit man. I need to hit up p90x, especially knowing I've gained atleast 10 lbs during the holidays Lol.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Finished my first round of it last month. Down 50 pounds :banana: took a month off now started again today, already feel better after one chest and back workout. Here are a set of before and after pictures just for reference. Started at 267 and sit at 212 right now. Feel much much better about myself these days.

Before.
701a7b0d.jpg

After.
4f0f0f91.jpg

what diet did you follow? im on a budget...

King 5.0

Established Member
I'm a personal trainer and I do tell my customers to do the AB ripper from p90x.
has anyone ever heard of advocare products?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread