Paint in wrong places.

agrossnickle

Established Member
So I recently had my rear bumper painted and the person who painted it, painted the black plastic where the exhaust cutouts are. Is there a way I can remove this paint safely without harming the plastic underneath?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
You mean he actually painted it the same color as your base coat? I'm not sure there is an easy way to remove the paint back to the natural look. It may need to be painted black if they paint it the same as your base coat.

I personally love them painted black rather than the factory unfinished look. Makes the rear of the car more defined IMO. My old cars had that section painted black and I plan to paint my current one.

agrossnickle

Established Member
Yeah. They sprayed base coat and clear coat over to match the car. I'd like to see the bottom portion black again but if the only way is to paint it, I'll have to wait.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't see it. But I don't have Facebook.

Is slapping the painter an option because they obviously have no clue what they're doing? But seriously, shouldn' t they be the one fixing this?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't see it. But I don't have Facebook.

Is slapping the painter an option because they obviously have no clue what they're doing? But seriously, shouldn' t they be the one fixing this?

agrossnickle

Established Member
Here, I tried a different way. Can you see them now?

Attachments

• rear bumper 1.JPG
    rear bumper 1.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 202
  • rear bumper 2.JPG
    rear bumper 2.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 225

agrossnickle

Established Member
One of these days, I will have the whole car repainted to fix some imperfections and when I do, I will just have that lower part painted black.

Users who are viewing this thread