painted dash?

Brad

Banned
Anyone ever paint their interior EG dash, center, etc?

I was thinking about pulling my dash out and having it filled, and painted the same black finish as the rest of the car.. has anyone done anything like this?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually if done properly it would look like a factory color option much like the seats. So I wouldn't say it would look "rice" at all.

Brad, if you could get a good digital pic and have someone Photochop it with the new color you'd have a good idea what it would look like. Just a suggestion.

BiZ

Established Member
I have been thinking of something along those lines as well. The Battleship grey interior of my Mystichrome is a bit dull. I would like to do a two tone black and grey.

Brad

Banned
kyStang1889 said:
just say no too rice

Yeah I'm not talking about the Krylon touch here. I want someone to fill the whole dash to remove that fake leather finish, sand it down, primer, sand, primer sand, base coat, base coat, sand, clear coat, polish. It would be the same finish as the exterior of the car.

CobraBob said:
Actually if done properly it would look like a factory color option much like the seats. So I wouldn't say it would look "rice" at all.

Brad, if you could get a good digital pic and have someone Photochop it with the new color you'd have a good idea what it would look like. Just a suggestion.

Yeah that's a good idea, I just snapped a pic and sent it off to my photoshop buddy, we'll see.

BiZ said:
I have been thinking of something along those lines as well. The Battleship grey interior of my Mystichrome is a bit dull. I would like to do a two tone black and grey.

battle ship grey, LOL. I think if this were done right, it would make the whole interior look about 50 million times better. It would be alot of work though.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
The only thing I would do is install the silver trim parts similar to the mach's. I think a smooth painted dash would be too much. What to do if you scratch it?

Fast Willy

Established Member
I have a friend with a comp orange cobra with the plastic thing around the gauge cluster painted orange and it looks really good ill try and get some pics of it to post in the morning.

Brad

Banned
MaximumSVT said:
The only thing I would do is install the silver trim parts similar to the mach's. I think a smooth painted dash would be too much. What to do if you scratch it?

Buff it out.

This is what I had in mind... Work that all the way back to the middle section between the two front seats. It's pretty much just a wild idea right now that will prob never happen.. but I'd be curious to see if anyone has done this.

I mean I don't have a sheet metal dash, but this is the idea.

painted1.JPG

SVerT

Established Member
I painted most of my trim pieces Redfire.
With the MGW pieces, it looks great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brad, be sure you really want to do the whole dash. In my mind, filling/sanding/painting is going to make the dash look like an aftermarket piece. Might also take a real dent into the resale value. Just some thoughts. I know you like to play around with this stuff. Maybe you're TOO creative. LOL! Best of luck buddy. Let us know what you finally do, and post pics of course.

Hey Brad, what ever happened to Mike? With the Kenne Bell. I haven't seen him here or on any of the other Cobra forums. Just curious what he's been up to and if he's still modding his '03.

Brad

Banned
CobraBob said:
Brad, be sure you really want to do the whole dash. In my mind, filling/sanding/painting is going to make the dash look like an aftermarket piece. Might also take a real dent into the resale value. Just some thoughts. I know you like to play around with this stuff. Maybe you're TOO creative. LOL! Best of luck buddy. Let us know what you finally do, and post pics of course.

Hey Brad, what ever happened to Mike? With the Kenne Bell. I haven't seen him here or on any of the other Cobra forums. Just curious what he's been up to and if he's still modding his '03.

Well I checked one out at a show.. it looks really good but the dent in my wallet would be to large to justify it, I could almost buy a whipple.

I have no idea what went down with mike, I have not talked to him in about a year. He's never online anymore either. Last I talked to him he said he was thinking about selling the mustang, but who knows if he did that or not.

Users who are viewing this thread