Painted taillights and it looks badass!

Twinpwr

Established Member
I just picked my car up today from the body shop that painted my taillights.

I initially was planning to tint with film, but the high-end shop I went to for tint and XPEL advised me to paint them for the best outcome. I went to the best shop in Seattle (Queen City Auto). They had to remove the bumper and lights, prep them, paint, then re-install. They also cleaned up improper fit of bumper from factory when putting back together. It cost me $650 for this job and I have zero regrets.

I have to tell you that this is an absolute must, really cleans up the rear with those loud red lights and gives the car a much sleeker look from behind.

ShelbyGT350.jpg

Adding this picture from car show to show difference between stock red lights and painted/tinted. This GT350 R is #37/37 for 2015.
carshow_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

SVT_28

Established Member
Agree 100% with your decision and everything you said! Looks perfect, stock color is way to bright. What do they look like with lights on?

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Thats super hott, i'll most likely be doing this. Unless i go the complete other way and get the white euro style tail lights.

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I prefer the stock red lenses, or clear such as the Z06 if they offered it and it looked cool. To each their own.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Wow, looks awesome. No way I could have let a body shop take apart a new GT350 though. I don't car how good of a rep they have. Glad it worked out for you - be sure to give the shop some rep on other social media.

Zemedici

Established Member
I prefer the stock red lenses, or clear such as the Z06 if they offered it and it looked cool. To each their own.

I believe the European model mustangs have the option for clear/white tail lights. Should come up in Google.

^^+1, need some wiring done, but they can be swapped over. Buddy out on the West Coast has them on his 15.

Twinpwr

Established Member
Wow, looks awesome. No way I could have let a body shop take apart a new GT350 though. I don't car how good of a rep they have. Glad it worked out for you - be sure to give the shop some rep on other social media.

I'd normally agree except Ford installed both of my bumpers incorrectly, actually had this shop remove and re-install front bumper too as Ford missed front clip. Both of my bumpers now look like I'd have expected from factory. And Ford gets a black eye as they were trying to force me to use their body shop...sorry you had your chance.

Users who are viewing this thread