Painted The Brake Calipers!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
^^^ Thanks for the tip. BTW, does the Chapstick help keep your brakes from drying out in the winter? lol

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
black looks sick. Black vert for me, i was thinkin red or black, now im goin black. Plus i think it will look better longer than red.

yellow brake calipers... eww

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Just bought the kit and awaiting to install myself. Very nice kit and the black does look sick!

510Terminator

Established Member
looks good man, i just ordered my kit gonna paint them red, so you say sand the letters or just put some kind of petroleum substance?? wich one is easier, i dont wanna screw anything up.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
The Black looks great!!

It always amazed me why more people don't paint the Cobra calipers. I see so many great looking Terminators at car shows and almost all of them have those old gray dirty calipers. The rest of these cars look great, but that big caliper sitting there all dirty and aged really stands out. Nice job.

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
It would not look rice. It would match the car which is very common. Look at a porshe if you disagree.

+1 - or any high end lately..

mine came out pretty good, I think they are a little bumpy, but it is a brush on kit, so thats expected.
I sprayed the mixture through a gun on my bike calipers, they came out much smoother.

And dont mess around with chapstick? sandings alright, but i used razor blades before it was totally dry; Easy, quick, and clean.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
You can also use paint thinner to get the paint off the letters. Just don't soak the rag so it drips on the part you don't want it to touch.

I like using either the thinner or sanding method myself. ;-)

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
looks good! i used the g2 kit on my rear calipers when i swapped out my fronts for the 10th anniversary calipers. and i have heated the hell out of my rear calipers with burnouts (did not have a line lock) and can tall you the g2 paint holds up great!!

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
My car is Redfire and I plan to do the calipers in black as well. Is it best to do the bracket in silver or could I do all black on the calipers as well as the bracket? opinions please.

MisterChrome

Established Member
Finally got around to doing it, ended up going black after a long debate, but I now have a brand new Red G2 kit available for sale $30 shipped. Easily the best caliper paint i've ever used, hardens to a high gloss finish :rockon: My knees are sore today, but well worth it :coolman:

Kit:
PaintedCalipers002.jpg

Prep:
PaintedCalipers006.jpg

1st Coat:
PaintedCalipers007.jpg

2nd Coat:
PaintedCalipers009.jpg

3rd Coat:
PaintedCalipers011.jpg

Tape Off, But Now The Bracket Looks Crappy! :nono: Can't Have That!:
PaintedCalipers014.jpg

Painted Bracket:
PaintedCalipers016.jpg

Cobra Letters Cut Off:
PaintedCalipers018.jpg

Finished Close Up:
PaintedCalipers020.jpg

Couldn't have been an easier kit to use, results came out EXCELLENT! Blew away prior kits that I've used, like Duplicolor, which is only good to 500 degrees, this one is good to 950 degrees as well!

Let me know what you guys think :beer: ,

Thanks,
Neil

I assume you had to buy a seperate kit for the bracket in silver right? Also, did you paint the cobra letters or is it just the metal?

Looking into it for after the rainy season. Any opinions as to what color to go for my Mystichrome? I guess it also will depend on type of wheels I choose to go with. Chrome or black or black chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread