Painted The Brake Calipers!

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
I assume you had to buy a seperate kit for the bracket in silver right? Also, did you paint the cobra letters or is it just the metal?

Looking into it for after the rainy season. Any opinions as to what color to go for my Mystichrome? I guess it also will depend on type of wheels I choose to go with. Chrome or black or black chrome.

i would like to know as well what you used for your bracket color (silver).

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
I assume you had to buy a seperate kit for the bracket in silver right? Also, did you paint the cobra letters or is it just the metal?

Looking into it for after the rainy season. Any opinions as to what color to go for my Mystichrome? I guess it also will depend on type of wheels I choose to go with. Chrome or black or black chrome.

I have a mystichrome and this is what mine look like, also i have done the wheel mod to remove the paint from the inside of the wheels, to show more chrome, these pics are from autoramma
3f4e3ebf.jpg

3af7c7fb.jpg

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
however, if you remove the caliper and with a fine wire wheel on a drill or grindwheel, you can remove the factory coating and since the calipers are aluminum, the can be sanded smooth and cleared from a polished alum look, i thought about doing that after i removed mine to buff the dirt and grim off before painting, i just decided that the black with polished lettering would match better to the center cap, which is black with chrome lettering. it brings the eye in from the center of the wheel to the caliper and they seem to flow better for the color scheme.

SpectorV

Established Member
when you are painting your calipers take the time to clean up your rotors. I had a set of 10th anniv calipers put on the front of my car a bit back and I took off the rotors and sanded down the area that they were rusting at (on the sides as well) and painted them. They look 1000x better. I did the rear last weekend as well and they turned out nice. You can do them while they are on the car its just easier to do it while they are not.

Here is a pic of how mine turned out
18945d1206900178-smallimg_1234.jpg

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Ha wow I was gonna make a suggestion then I realized that this is a super old thread. I'll make it anyways. For those that say black paint would blend in too much, or not look that great, you could always paint the COBRA lettering body color or something else. I just started working on my car and when I do my calipers I plan on painting the COBRA the same blue that I have in my engine bay.

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread