Painted the side rockers and rear valance

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I painted mine as well. No sanding, just prep like any plastic part. Spray plastic adhesion promoter then seal it a couple times and they turn out decent. The texture is so fine a couple coats of sealer does a fair job of filling it. Unless you got on your hands and knees to look at it you would never know they were textured and even if you did get that close you would still have a hard time telling. Been painted for a few years now and not one rock chip.View attachment 1546404
Gorgeous Mustang! I like what you did a lot. Amazing that after a few years not one rock chip. How many miles a year do you average?

stang910

Established Member
Gorgeous Mustang! I like what you did a lot. Amazing that after a few years not one rock chip. How many miles a year do you average?
Thanks, I very rarely drive it anymore, but they’ve been painted for around 5 years. If I had to guess I’d say that’s around 25,000 miles. I actually painted the car orange in 2011 and today I have only have one rock chip in the hood and one on the windshield pillar. Maybe it’s the area I’m in.

Users who are viewing this thread