Paintless Dent Repair - Amazing Results

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Some of these guys truly are artists. If you find a good PDR guy, you KEEP him in your contacts.
This. Will watch later. Hellcat came in and is awesome but had a small dent for my guy. Crazy stories when he goes on dent wizard hail runs.
-J

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Will watch later. I’ve reached out to a couple local places and can’t even get a GD response.
580D9868-D3C0-4A17-AD27-1900A2470015.jpeg
F569B2CB-F644-4228-8AE0-5DE619AF0F99.jpeg
AF997D0F-8410-477D-B658-37752A19A3F1.jpeg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
had no idea that was even remotely possible. I was under the impression it had to be a nice rounded dent - no wrinkles or anything.

wonder what they charged on that one

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I had a PDR guy remove a hood dent from my Cadillac Escalade EXT last year. He did it in my garage while we chatted, took him maybe two hours. I was blown away, it came out perfect. The local body shop wanted to patch and paint the whole hood.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a PDR guy remove a hood dent from my Cadillac Escalade EXT last year. He did it in my garage while we chatted, took him maybe two hours. I was blown away, it came out perfect. The local body shop wanted to patch and paint the whole hood.

what did the PDR guy charge

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
One of the guys I used to work for had a brother who was a body guy originally but became a big time PDR guy and did work for Ferrari of Seattle and they showed me photos of a large dent on a 458 or something lime that that he was able to PDR. The repair estimate was $75k! Can't imagine how much money he made on that.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately being a scratch there PDR isn't going to be able to fix that. Has to be done at a body shop with paint.

Some

When my father did body work, they had a PDR guy that did alot of really good touch up work also. Find the right guy, he can get it all fixed in one shot.

That’s what I’m hoping for. Get the dent out and worry about touch up for now.

It’ll need a real repaint of that whole quarter at some point.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
We had two hail damaged vehicles PDR'd back in the early 2000's. It was fantastic. Never had any associated issues either. It's always my first choice.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
We had two hail damaged vehicles PDR'd back in the early 2000's. It was fantastic. Never had any associated issues either. It's always my first choice.
I’m assuming auto dealers have PdR guys. I cant imagine the losses in repairs of a hailstorm on 30-200 cars.

PDR would have to reduce that risk wouldn't it?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I’m assuming auto dealers have PdR guys. I cant imagine the losses in repairs of a hailstorm on 30-200 cars.

PDR would have to reduce that risk wouldn't it?

Jeez, I think most dealerships have a PDR dude in their body shop, or team with local shop.

Dealership not too far away got hit with hail twice within the past year. Kept the local body shop super busy.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Some

When my father did body work, they had a PDR guy that did alot of really good touch up work also. Find the right guy, he can get it all fixed in one shot.

Could definitely be touched up, but wasn't sure if it was implied PDR would take care of all of that.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Body shops can be ridiculous with the repair quotes. I got run off the road in my Mustang back in the day and they were going to pay like $200 each to send 2 of my 99 Cobra wheels out for repair. At the time they were still widely available so I got 2 brand new Cobra wheels from CJ Pony Parts for $89 each. When I saw that, I started going over the quote with a fine-tooth comb. I ended up coming in way under the quote they gave my insurance by sourcing new parts myself. I ended up not paying my deductible and getting an $800 check from the body shop. Lol
I got what was quoted to be $3,000 in hail damage on my truck a few years back. I didn't even mess with insurance. I just bought the $60 dent removal kit from Eastwood and did it myself. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread