Parting Out 2001 Cobra

Kevin Bower

Established Member
***CAR IS GONE - NO MORE PARTS ARE AVAILABLE***

My original post was removed due to rule 7 violation - I have added a photo to the gallery with my username. Because there are so many available parts, I don't have an exact list of what is available, but I will update this thread with items that have been sold. I know some parts are highly sought after, but I don't wish to get into a bidding war - so it will be first come - first serve. Let me know your zip code for shipping quotes. If you are local to northern California, then pickup is optional.

It is with much sadness that I have to part out my 2001 Cobra after it suffered damage in a collision. The airbags, hood, front bumper, fenders, and drivers door are not salvageable - but most everything else is. Any interior parts may still have the smell of the airbag dust on them. The radiator was not punctured and it still runs. The vehicle is currently located in Santa Rosa, Ca. There are several aftermarket maximum motorsports parts as well. Let me know what you are interested in and let's see if we can make a deal. Here are some pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6eQaBcHsiUjtzFFJ6

Major Parts Price List

Engine Assembly - $2500 + shipping
Transmission Assembly (TR3650) - $750 + shipping
Wheels - $400 / set + shipping
IRS setup (including differential with 3.73 Richmond gear set, axles, crossmember) - $500

Items sold / Unavailable:
Hood (damaged)
Front Bumper (damaged)
Driver door (damaged)
Airbags (deployed/damaged)
Front left headlamp (damaged)
Front left fender (damaged)
Rear Taillights (SOLD)
Floor Mats (SOLD)
Visors (SOLD)
Trunk Liner (SOLD)
Engine (SOLD)
Transmission (SOLD)
Rear IRS (SOLD)
Engine Wire Harness (SOLD)
PCM (SOLD)
Front Coilovers (SOLD)
Lower control arms (SOLD)
Instrument Cluster (SOLD)

20200302_100559.jpg
20200227_081735.jpg 20191221_123540.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin Bower

Established Member

Kevin Bower

Established Member
How much for the coilover kit? And which kit is it? Also what springs?
$200 + shipping, including both front bilstein shocks (35-041382), which were just replaced this past January. Send me your zip code and I will get you a shipping quote once I remove the items and package them up.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
$200 + shipping, including both front bilstein shocks (35-041382), which were just replaced this past January. Send me your zip code and I will get you a shipping quote once I remove the items and package them up.

I'm definitely interested. What is the part number on the coilover kit. What rate are the springs?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, count me in. Thanks for getting back to me. Shoot me some pics via PM when you get them off and get a shipping quote.
Any idea when you are taking the car apart?

Kevin Bower

Established Member
Ok, count me in. Thanks for getting back to me. Shoot me some pics via PM when you get them off and get a shipping quote.
Any idea when you are taking the car apart?

If I'm taking the suspension apart like that, I'll need to get some harbor freight dollies. Ill try to work on it this weekend.

Kevin Bower

Established Member
Sorry for the delay in replies. I recently got news of a death in the family and have been dealing with that. I am going to have to be out of town this next weekend, and I lost productivity time this weekend dealing with family.

The tear down of large components and placement on dollies will be put on hold likely until the weekend of the 28th. Small parts are still available - but I need to take care of family business.

2020 is kinda sucking so far.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow Kevin, very sorry to hear. :( Hang in there as best you can. Take care of you and your family.
We will all be here when you are ready.

Kevin Bower

Established Member
How much for the instrument cluster bezel? Shipped to 34211.

Sent from my LM-V405 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

With or without the gauges and sensors?
Bezel itself:
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER BEZEL, DUAL, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 01-04 SN95

Here are the gauges currently in the vehicle:
2-1/16" OIL PRESSURE, 0-100 PSI, STEPPER MOTOR, C2
2-1/16" WATER TEMPERATURE, 100-260 °F, STEPPER MOTOR, C2

Bezel only $40 + shipping
Bezel with gauges and sensors: $250 + shipping

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You can see the strut tower brace and strut tower caster/camber plates. There is also the coil over kit, lower control arms with the forward offset, and K-brace. Here are the reference items:

1994-2004 Mustang Camber Plates

MM Front Control Arms, 1994-2004 Mustang

4-Point K-Member Brace, 1996-04 Mustang Hardtop

1999-02 Mustang Cobra Strut Tower Brace

MM Front Coil-Over Kits

on the a-arms - forward offset or not? do you know which bushing material and asking price.

sorry to hear about the family issues, whenever you get around to it...Im not in a hurry

Kevin Bower

Established Member
on the a-arms - forward offset or not? do you know which bushing material and asking price.

sorry to hear about the family issues, whenever you get around to it...Im not in a hurry

Yes - with forward offset (adds 2.0 degrees of caster). I just replaced the bushings about 6 months ago with the upgraded delrin bushings. I might have someone interested in them already, but I would ask $200 for the set.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes - with forward offset (adds 2.0 degrees of caster). I just replaced the bushings about 6 months ago with the upgraded delrin bushings. I might have someone interested in them already, but I would ask $200 for the set.

if it falls through let me know and I'll see if they would work with the Steeda or not since it already moves the wheels forward a bit

Users who are viewing this thread