Parts Shipping Conspiracy

RangerDLA

Established Member
Is it just me or does it seem like when I order car parts, the delivery service has some sort of "unexpected delay?" Once, just once I would like for them to be delivered on time. It's like they know I'm tracking the shipment and are intentionally messing with me. This is like waiting on Christmas! LOL.

Zemedici

Established Member
Is it just me or does it seem like when I order car parts, the delivery service has some sort of "unexpected delay?" Once, just once I would like for them to be delivered on time. It's like they know I'm tracking the shipment and are intentionally messing with me. This is like waiting on Christmas! LOL.

always how it goes :-D

The clock moves slowest when you're watching it! haha

carguy19

Established Member
Whenever I order something from Van, he will tell me... should get to you by thursday-friday... and always, every single time, I have packages on tuesday or wednesday. He gets it done.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Whenever I order something from Van, he will tell me... should get to you by thursday-friday... and always, every single time, I have packages on tuesday or wednesday. He gets it done.

Van apparently also drives a UPS truck. :)

It's out of the hands of any shipper once it's left the building. Remember that companies like UPS have regional and central hubs. And aircraft and trucks come from other places TO those hubs; places which may have had a foot of rain over two days. It happens.

Over the winter, we had delays with both UPS and Fed Ex shipping from central FL (us) to Texas. Why? Because of bad winter storms that didn't touch Memphis (UPS' central hub) but because they couldn't get aircraft in from anywhere on the backside of the storms.

BTW, companies get this as well. This last winter was brutal for getting anything we needed from anywhere north of GA.

bj

carguy19

Established Member
Van apparently also drives a UPS truck. :)

It's out of the hands of any shipper once it's left the building. Remember that companies like UPS have regional and central hubs. And aircraft and trucks come from other places TO those hubs; places which may have had a foot of rain over two days. It happens.

Over the winter, we had delays with both UPS and Fed Ex shipping from central FL (us) to Texas. Why? Because of bad winter storms that didn't touch Memphis (UPS' central hub) but because they couldn't get aircraft in from anywhere on the backside of the storms.

BTW, companies get this as well. This last winter was brutal for getting anything we needed from anywhere north of GA.

bj

I think it's more the fact that he doesn't over-promise. He gives you a date thats probably worst case scenario so it arrives earlier then that.

I wish he came and delivered the parts, so I could get him to help me put them on LOL

Users who are viewing this thread