Established Member
here u can see my ABS how i tilt it about an inch or two for cleareance

DSCF0637.gif

and the charge tube going down

DSCF0629.jpg

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
here is mine...dont know if you can see...but i moved to all the way under the frame rail and mounted it there...tucked up in the middle of the rail...
0603091208a.jpg

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
nice. thats the exact combination i wanted. no problems with the fan and the AC while at idle? that coolant reservoir looks familiar. BMW?

Ya haha 99 bmw m3, painted to match the rest of my crap. havent had it running yet, still trying to get my drain figured out on this turbo...it hits the housing if i use a straight,and even an 45* fitting hits... Im gonna try a tubular 45* and AN specific flange

Last edited:

faststang14

Established Member
try superchargersonline.com they have a nice drain kit hasle free and convinient. just have to get an T4 return flange for the turbo they usually go on ebay for about 12$

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
OK thank you...i will check them out... what did u do for an air filter??? mine is very tight..well...only the a/c line really.. i hear u can run very fine screen, but it sacrifices alot of power, b/c it is so restrictive ....

edit: i see that drain kit..and i probably would work... but is 1/2" where i need about 5/8"(running 10an drain)
maybe someone makes a larger one?

Edit2: also...how did u brace your turbo... i need to fab up something to keep the stress off the pipes

Last edited:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
OK thank you...i will check them out... what did u do for an air filter??? mine is very tight..well...only the a/c line really.. i hear u can run very fine screen, but it sacrifices alot of power, b/c it is so restrictive ....

edit: i see that drain kit..and i probably would work... but is 1/2" where i need about 5/8"(running 10an drain)

Edit2: also...how did u brace your turbo... i need to fab up something to keep the stress off the pipes

Holy Balls that's a big ass turbo. It's good that you got the .81 A/R exhaust housing for that thing. Do you have some type of bracket supporting it as well. Also what did you do for the downpipe?
Oh here's some early shots of mine.
HPIM1228.jpg

HPIM1304.jpg

HPIM1314.jpg

Last edited:

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
That is not a bad idea...maybe i can fab up something like that, using my bolts that hold the hotside on.... What size turbo is that?? u seem to have plenty of room

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
please excuse the dirtyness and vacuum lines running all over the place. I just wanted to start the car bad that day so I was in a hurry.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Precision GTS 76MM, .81 A/R Exhaust Housing. After looking at how Hellion mounted theirs, I stole their idea and ran with it. My turbo is not going any where, soild.

TRBO VNM

faststang, I see the main difference being the size of the turbo's. I think the turbonetics housings are wider than yours, so it makes it look like it is more to the center, but going by the center section they look close to the same.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
please excuse the dirtyness and vacuum lines running all over the place. I just wanted to start the car bad that day so I was in a hurry.

it dont look too bad. What is that i see in the back... a vacuum block?? for the bov and Gauge?? I think i will need 2 lines to just my bov, so i have to see where i cant find one more. Im using my egr block off plate(drilled&tapped) as one

faststang14

Established Member

i called HKS they make a mushroom filter to fit the 5" inlet.

faststang, I see the main difference being the size of the turbo's. I think the turbonetics housings are wider than yours, so it makes it look like it is more to the center, but going by the center section they look close to the same.

u r right its just the turbo appearance and i also think my turbo its higher about 1 inch due to i had to weld on a V band for the turbo housing.

it dont look too bad. What is that i see in the back... a vacuum block?? for the bov and Gauge?? I think i will need 2 lines to just my bov, so i have to see where i cant find one more. Im using my egr block off plate(drilled&tapped) as one

thats a heck of a good idea

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member

Yes it is. It's for my stock boost gauge, aftermarket boost gauge, FPRS on the fuel rail, JGS BOV, and vacuum boost for the AC system.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
Last edited:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I also took my egr stuff off. I just cut a piece of flat steel, and drilled two holes. works great and it's free.

faststang14

Established Member

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
Whats up ? i got the fan in today... it has got to be the biggest allowable fan to fitin there! if it pretty much touching the bumper support and fits perfect into the condensor... Im wiring it into the Low speed wire in my stock fan harness, and having a custom tune to compensate for this. One question tho...does anyone know what that little box on the stock fan is, it looks to be like another fan temp or transistor?...

Users who are viewing this thread