PATS bypass

Rister

Established Member
OK, the problem that I am having is that I bought my car from a very close frind of mine and it's in extremely good shape except the only problem is that I only have 1 key. I recently bought a switchblade key off of EBAY to replace my existing key. From what I have researched, there is no way to program a new key without 2 existing keys already. So what I am asking is, is there anyway to bypass the PATS so I can use my new key? All advise is welcome.
Many thanks guys!! :beer:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
You have a few options.

1- Find a locksmith that can program the car to accept new keys.

2- Take it to a dealership, all Ford dealerships can program the car.

3- Take your old key and tape it to the inside of the steering column trim cover so it's in close proximity to the lock cylinder so that the transceiver can pick up the signal fromthe key.

That allows you to use any key (without a chip) that turns the cylinder to start the car.

-Steve

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Steve is right. What I would do is buy a DEI 556u transponder bypass and put the key in there. have it always activate with ingintion and you will be good. You will then be able to cut any steel key and it will start the car. If you need a bypass PM me I have them here at my shop. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread