Paul Walker. Dead.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
umm if he died from disease or an accident sure.
He and his friend acted like idiots and paid the price.
act like retards, die like retards

Do us all a favour and vacate this forum for good.
Thanks in advance.

+1

On a serious note....
What would you do if you're a PASSENGER and your friend is driving 100+ MPH on city streets.
Seriously, Other than Pray & scream at him, what would you do?
I'm thinking any type of action you take to slow/stop the car will cause it to crash. (pull up the Hand/emergency brake, turn off the ignition, reach for the steering wheel, ETC)

PS.
I wish we could change the title...
I mean, Paul Walker.DEAD just seems kinda Insensitive

Last edited:

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
I make it a point to befriend responsible individuals. 100mph on a city street wouldn't happen.

I definitely see your point...

But I'm sure we have all driven at questionable speeds on the highway or around town when there are no other cars around. or at have friends that have done that. Especially after we instal some type of mod....LOL

Just so happen that when they did it, luck was against them....

Blown 89

Established Member
I make it a point to befriend responsible individuals. 100mph on a city street wouldn't happen.
Agreed. I've had people try and immediately stop after blowing up at them.

Too many people in here are letting their emotions cloud their judgement. Him and his friend were doing something incredibly stupid and paid the price. Hopefully it serves as a lesson and prevents another tragedy.

Last edited:

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Too many people in here are letting their emotions cloud their judgement. Him and his friend were doing something incredibly stupid and paid the price. Hopefully it serves as a lesson and prevents another tragedy.

But, how can you fault him (Paul) for something he technically had no control over?

Just like I stated before, other than screaming, begging or praying for the driver to stop, you (the passenger) have no control.
At 100+ MPH, you're at the mercy of his skills....

My emotions are far from being a factor here nor are they clouding my judgement.
If they were in separate cars racing at that speed, them I can understand both being at fault.
But if he's just a passenger, I cannot blame him for the accident

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
But, how can you fault him (Paul) for something he technically had no control over?

Just like I stated before, other than screaming, begging or praying for the driver to stop, you (the passenger) have no control.

My emotions are far from being a factor here nor are they clouding my judgement.
If they were in separate cars racing at that speed, them I can understand both being at fault.
But if he's just a passenger, I cannot blame him for the accident

Please. You get in a CGT with a trained driver who knows his way around fast cars and you know exactly what's going to happen. I sincerely doubt Walker, given his propensity towards being a gear head himself, had any reservations about putting the pedal down.

That being said, and I'm not condoning what they did, but how many of us have romped our cars too fast on open roads? Granted, my car (and most others on here) has nowhere near the power and is far more predictable than a CGT, but I know I've been "one stray deer" away from meeting my maker on a few occasions.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Please. You get in a CGT with a trained driver who knows his way around fast cars and you know exactly what's going to happen. I sincerely doubt Walker, given his propensity towards being a gear head himself, had any reservations about putting the pedal down.

That being said, and I'm not condoning what they did, but how many of us have romped our cars too fast on open roads? Granted, my car (and most others on here) has nowhere near the power and is far more predictable than a CGT, but I know I've been "one stray deer" away from meeting my maker on a few occasions.

Valid point and in a way, I agree..to an extent.
But, I still cant fault the passenger for the drivers error

You cannot fault passengers on a plane if the pilot decided to operate teh plane in a dangerous manner and push it past its limits

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Valid point and in a way, I agree..to an extent.
But, I still cant fault the passenger for the drivers error

You cannot fault passengers on a plane if the pilot decided to operate teh plane in a dangerous manner and push it past its limits

I don't know that I fault or feel sorry for either of them, considering they did it on an open road with as little risk to the rest of the public as possible. If I owned a CGT, I'd probably do something stupid with it as well.

The people I feel bad for are the ones they left behind like Walker's daughter. I'm sure she's set for life, but I know I'd trade any amount of money to keep my father alive.

1hot281

Established Member
To put things in perspective: a CGT doing 100mph with a skilled driver with plenty of seat time in real race cars, is about as stupid as an average driver behind the wheel of a Toyota Corolla doing 60mph. How fast a CGT can get up to 100mph, and stop from 100mph, is about equivalent to an average road car getting to and stopping from 60mph.

Plain and simple, accidents happen. We don't know why Roger lost control, but we do know he knows what he's doing behind the wheel of a car, and we know that 100mph is nothing to a CGT in terms of its capabilities. It's not like he was topping the thing out on city streets. He wasn't drunk or high. He wasn't racing. He wasn't drifting. He was pushing towards the top of third gear... Possibly rolling in to 3rd coming out if that corner at a lower speed.

I'm sure plenty of people here have opened up 3rd gear on city streets. I'm sure plenty here have done 60mph+ on city streets. I would trust a driver like Roger behind the wheel of a car like the CGT at 100mph, long before I'd trust many others behind the wheel of a Prius at the speed limit. I've watched "average" drivers get in to an accident in parking lots at sub-10mph speeds. People who's attention is more focused on their phone than driving. I don't even like sharing the road with most of these morons.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
To put things in perspective: a CGT doing 100mph with a skilled driver with plenty of seat time in real race cars, is about as stupid as an average driver behind the wheel of a Toyota Corolla doing 60mph. How fast a CGT can get up to 100mph, and stop from 100mph, is about equivalent to an average road car getting to and stopping from 60mph.

Plain and simple, accidents happen. We don't know why Roger lost control, but we do know he knows what he's doing behind the wheel of a car, and we know that 100mph is nothing to a CGT in terms of its capabilities. It's not like he was topping the thing out on city streets. He wasn't drunk or high. He wasn't racing. He wasn't drifting. He was pushing towards the top of third gear... Possibly rolling in to 3rd coming out if that corner at a lower speed.

I'm sure plenty of people here have opened up 3rd gear on city streets. I'm sure plenty here have done 60mph+ on city streets. I would trust a driver like Roger behind the wheel of a car like the CGT at 100mph, long before I'd trust many others behind the wheel of a Prius at the speed limit. I've watched "average" drivers get in to an accident in parking lots at sub-10mph speeds. People who's attention is more focused on their phone than driving. I don't even like sharing the road with most of these morons.

On a race track I would agree with you.

Do you think just because he is skilled speed limits dont apply to him?

Or is it because he is driving a fast car?

Buddy Speed limits dont have fine print that say "does not apply to racecar drivers or 03/04 terminators"

He was DUMB

he got killed for being DUMB

his friend got killed because he was DUMB

lots of dumb

nothing smart here

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Buddy Speed limits dont have fine print that say "does not apply to racecar drivers or 03/04 terminators"

He was DUMB

lots of dumb

nothing smart here
Glad you finally admit that :rockon:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Now I hate to assume, because I don't know the area where PW and RR died, but, going 100mph on a shitty California road is probably not as safe as going 100mph on a track.

1hot281

Established Member

He was DUMB

lots of dumb

nothing smart here

Couple things I'd like to touch on:

1.) No, I don't think being skilled, or in a capable car, means the speed limit doesn't apply to you. If the police had caught them speeding, they certainly would deserve a ticket. I'm guessing by your righteous preaching, that you've never broken the speed limit :rolleyes:

and since breaking the speed limit is dumb, you must have deserved to die in a fiery car crash, right?

2.) So, if the speed limit for a particular street is changed by 10mph, let's say reduced by 10mph, does that mean everyone who drove that street prior at the old, higher limit was driving at an unsafe speed? Or, if the limit was raised by 10mph, does that mean everyone who was previously speeding and you would deem "dumb" is now magically a safe responsible smart driver since the magic sign now says their speed is okay?

Speed limits are determined by what should be safe for the average car in favorable conditions. There are below-average cars that are unsafe, even when obeying the posted limit. Ever driven a 70s car at the modern 75mph highway speeds?

Like I said, in perspective, what he was doing is fundamentally similar to an average joe pushing his econobox Kia 60mph. If Paul and Roger had died in a 60mph accident in a Honda Civic, would they still be dumb and deserve to die? At what speed, and in what kind of car, is it just an accident and a tragic loss of life? A tragic loss of two good hearted and exceedingly generous individuals. Two fathers. Two friends.

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Lets be realistic. One does not get into a high performance vehicle and expect to be following the speed limits whether as the driver or passenger. If you are a responsible adult and/or friend, you just don't put your a friend in such a position. People need to know with whom they are driving and whether or not they can be responsible.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

i made this point a while back in another thread. My last 03 Cobra I sold on here had 670rwhp. One morning on the way to work I decided to get on it. 5:50am on a Saturday and not a car within 1/4 mile or so of me. Hit. 4th and must have went over an expansion joint at the same time. That combined with cold tires sent it sideways at about 95-100. It swung out the rear, corrected and went the other way and back again before I finally regained control.

Sliding at 80-90 while looking at a guard rail makes things flash in your mind real quick. I can't imagine it as a passenger. It was not my time that day simply put. On that day it was Paul and Rogers. Shook me up so much I did not get on the car for probably a 2-3 weeks and eventually sold it. I have a 4yr old son I need to be around for.

Blown 89

Established Member
Once you exceed the slip angle of the tires and go hurling sideways 100mph is a hell of a lot worse than 60mph. The capabilities of the car mean nothing when traction is lost and physics take over. Coming to a dead stop in a matter of inches is catastrophically worse when you add 40mph therefore losing control of a Corolla at 60mph is a hell of a lot safer than losing control of a CGT at 100. By your logic driving 200mph in an F1 car is safe on that road. Physics doesn't give a damn what you're driving when it stops your forward momentum instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread