PAXTON 5ohh

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well did a final WOT pull and she went lean.... Had to drain the fuel out and put 93 in it was differently hoping to run E85. Now back to Data logging and tuning it for 93. I guess the Kenny bell just doesnt have what it takes I talked with Mr.Lund and he said a better pump or the better JMS wouldn't get me enuff fuel witch sucks because I like all the benefits of running it more power cooler temps and it smells good lol!! Looks like ill be doing the 3.33 and waste gate very soon.

Lund wrote you a tune for e85 on only a BAP?

If you want to run e85 you need to upgrade your pump and entire fuel system to play it totally safe. Some have had luck with the 21v JMS but seems risky.

derricksmustang

Established Member
Yea Lund tried it out and it went lean not enough fuel. I want the E85 back but I'm not really wanting to drop another 450 on a JMS and it still not be enough I'll just save and go more boost and a waste gate set up.

derricksmustang

Established Member
I want to get the most out of what I have I'm not looking to build the motor just yet maybe in a few yrs it's only got 15000 on it. 10 11 psi should put me at a pretty good ET I'll do the drive shaft and maybe a converter Scott is see some awesome 60ft on a stock converter. Has anyone re stalled the stock converter lately?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Save up for a fuel sys... A 650whp stock motor E85 setup will be much safer then adding more boost on 93 pump gas...

derricksmustang

Established Member
Are you guys running a rev limiter/ Lund must have taken it off with out manually shifting it on the street it just spins manually shifting it gives me a little more control over the spin so it doesnt shift to the next gear and bog or become a uncontrolled spin but when it gets in the boost man does the rpm's come in fast. I got to work on throttle control and get TIRES on this thing...

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I'm running a Paxton (3.8 pulley - stock) with ID1000 injectors and the JMS boost a pump.

We actually had to pull some fuel from up top when running E85 and the BAP turned up.

Car runs like an animal.

Edit: Also shifting at 7000-7200 rpms due to stock OPGs.. So not sure about you guys revving to 7500+ if we'd have the fuel for it.

derricksmustang

Established Member
Is the JMS like the kenny bell or do you have to ajust it? I have my kenny bell full on thats how most are running it. Do you think you would have enough fuel to do a 3.33 and the waste gate set up with 10.5lbs? My goal is to get as close to 650hp and close torque numbers I might not get there this year but we are still early into summer I just dont want to start a fuel system and the car be down all year im look at 680 for the full torque booster kit JMS 450 full fuel system 1700.. my next purchase is going to be a set of 18 wheels and Drag Radials and go from there. I dont want to keep bugging John with trying to run E85 unless I know for sure ive got enough to do it next time. Thanks again to all you guys for your input.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Im running vortech bap with a waste gate set up 3.33 with 93 octane and id 1000's. I run and a 93 octane rev auto tune with lucas octane booster in every tank no issues with fuel. The car is very reliable and its " dag nasty"!!!!!

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
There's no way to run 3.33 wastegated on e85 with just a bap. I MAY have enough fuel for the 3.6 but that's pushing it.

93 octane, probably plenty of fuel for the 3.33.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
There's no way to run 3.33 wastegated on e85 with just a bap. I MAY have enough fuel for the 3.6 but that's pushing it.

93 octane, probably plenty of fuel for the 3.33.
i agree. When i searched e85 cars making 700+ there was two guys running stock fuel systems with injectors and BAP's. Both cars blew up a few weeks after making the dyno pulls.

I did a fuel system on my wastegated d1sc/e85 setup.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I couldn't find much on e85 with a bap besides a bunch of scared people.

My car runs great. Has been on e85 with the jms bap for at least 5k miles now. Several track trips. Last outing in 80+ weather with about 1800DA it did 10.40s at 132.

Users who are viewing this thread