Paxton and Track Pack (install with a few pics)

stewarts2008

Established Member
Ok, there are some differences with the track pack. I just finished my install and wanted to drop a little info to help anyone else out in the future.

Here is the before picture. Just about to change spark plugs.

1_zpse4b0d703.jpg

Had to take the boss intake manifold off to get the injectors out....

2_zps5e0db9c8.jpg

Here are the ID1000s

3_zpsdec141c7.jpg

FedEx guy just arrived:

4_zps36934c47.jpg

Upper radiator hose relocated.... no leaking.... yet

5_zps8b4566ae.jpg

Belt getting routed:

6_zps2cace4a2.jpg

Intercooler going in next. The 2013 track pack has a crazy radiator shroud. It is connected to the tops, and side of the whole frame. I ended up having to cut it while it was still on the car:

7_zps661a2ac1.jpg

Boss engine oil cooler. This was tricky. I ended up taking the entire assembly apart, flipping the ends around, and then positioning it in the car after I got the charge tubes in. Once i saw where all of the piping was, i put them in and put new worm gear clamps on.

8_zps3664bef1.jpg

Final Product:

9_zpsb8df745a.jpg

2013s dont require bumper cutting.... it fits over everything perfectly.

10_zps0f19cd3e.jpg

I still have to do the boost a pump tomorrow. I drove it around the block to make sure there were no leaks, and so far so good. The track pack made everything tooooooo tight because of the larger radiator. Its possible for it to all fit, but it took me closer to 3 days. I would imagine with more space on the non-track packs, it can be done a lot faster..... Oh, and yea, i did get to re-use my steeda 101mm CAI, but it was either trim the plastic tubing on the paxton air inlet tube connecting to the old MAF, or cut some of the steeda cai housing off to allow the hood to close.... I cut the steeda housing.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Nice job, but why did you have to pull the intake mani off to pull injectors? Also when did ID 1000's have the groves to fit the factory injector clips. My I'd 1000's just slip in and could spin free

str3ck

Established Member
Nice job, but why did you have to pull the intake mani off to pull injectors? Also when did ID 1000's have the groves to fit the factory injector clips. My I'd 1000's just slip in and could spin free

+1

I did this install a little over a month ago on my 2013 Boss and I didn't have to pull the intake. also my ID1000's also didn't have a groove so they also spin freely.

RFM50

Established Member
It's good to know that there is no cutting involved with the 2013 front end. My brother in law works for a auto body shop and got me a free 13 front bumper cover and I am thinking about converting my front end.

stewarts2008

Established Member
+1

I did this install a little over a month ago on my 2013 Boss and I didn't have to pull the intake. also my ID1000's also didn't have a groove so they also spin freely.

I didnt know about that. I needed to take the manifold out anyway though cause when i first put it in, one of the fuel rail spacer bolts broke and i needed to tap it out. Good info for next time though.

stewarts2008

Established Member
great write up,
I might ask your help when I dp mine.
Fred :beer:

Sounds good to me. I could do it so much faster now if i had to do it again. Learning is what takes up so much time.

On another note, it is safe to drive around town without the BAP installed yet, right? As long as I go slow and dont get into boost?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
get your initial logs into the system for lund to look at

we do soo many of these kits, the base file is pretty close right out of the gate, but still want to check them.

resist the temptation, lol!

Glad you got it all done and together!

Users who are viewing this thread