Pay as you drive anual billing

T.Man

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure but I think they were going to remove some taxes and replace with this. From what I remember, its fractions of a penny on the dollar per mile. So most people show drive normal milage ( 12-15k ) a year, wouldn't see any real difference in what they pay.

Since when are "old/outdated" taxes ever repealed in favor of something new? That's Utopian thought, just like this silly "consumption" based tax and it "not making a difference". If it wouldn't make a difference, then why waste time and money?

Now, suppose something like this was implemented and old taxes were replaced with this, don't you think that the cost of transported goods would increase exponentially as operation costs increase?

Massive ripple affect if you think about it. Oil/gas is the life blood of our hydrocarbon based economy. It's primarily transported via railway and tanker. If tankers are taxed based on mileage, the cost will be passed on to the consumer in more ways than one. Food prices wouldn't be any different as it's transported the very same way. And this is only two examples of goods that would be affected.

No thanks.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Since when are "old/outdated" taxes ever repealed in favor of something new? That's Utopian thought, just like this silly "consumption" based tax and it "not making a difference". If it wouldn't make a difference, then why waste time and money?

Now, suppose something like this was implemented and old taxes were replaced with this, don't you think that the cost of transported goods would increase exponentially as operation costs increase?

Massive ripple affect if you think about it. Oil/gas is the life blood of our hydrocarbon based economy. It's primarily transported via railway and tanker. If tankers are taxed based on mileage, the cost will be passed on to the consumer in more ways than one. Food prices wouldn't be any different as it's transported the very same way. And this is only two examples of goods that would be affected.

No thanks.

Exactly my point- but apparently some of the sheeple in this thread aren't getting it. They only look at he status quo without realizing the other effects thes types of laws have.... Very sad.

No one should ever have to pay for miles in America. If that somehow finds its way here, then we are truly lost.

mike.b

Established Member
Seems like way too much trouble. A flat fee keeps it simple. God knows our government can't handle the simple systems at most times, imagine something complicated!

T.Man

Established Member
Seems like way too much trouble. A flat fee keeps it simple. God knows our government can't handle the simple systems at most times, imagine something complicated!

Affordable Care Act :rolling:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I don't recall a working speedo as a requirement for a car. Brake lights, bumpers, doors, windshield, etc might all be checked at an inspection, but not the speedo, yet alone odometer. On a fox, it's easy to remove a speedo gear. :)

Users who are viewing this thread