Paypal question

eXs Vp

03 dSg CoBrA
Established Member
I need to be schooled on how to add funds to my paypal account using a prepaid card only. Its not a credit card, you put money into it and can use it sorta like a debit card. I dont have a bank account and wouldnt link it to paypal if I had one..so is there a way to do this? I already linked my card to my account but cant figure out how to add the funds..I'm tryin to order one of those "no drill" license plate brackets from one of the members on here..thanks in advanced.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
You don't add funds to your account from a C.C. You simply send funds from the C.C. through paypal. The option appears when you go to send money.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Add the card through your Profile. Thing is the PayPal system has a very tough time confirming the card, so don't be surprised if it don't work. It is not designed to work with prepaid cards, and there's nothing any CS rep can toggle to make it accept your card. If it don't work, it don't work. Add a debit card or bank account- its 100% safe.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Add the card through your Profile. Thing is the PayPal system has a very tough time confirming the card, so don't be surprised if it don't work. It is not designed to work with prepaid cards, and there's nothing any CS rep can toggle to make it accept your card. If it don't work, it don't work. Add a debit card or bank account- its 100% safe.

Safe my ass. Especially DO NOT use your bank account or debit card, you have nearly zero protection with them. The only thing that is 100% is that eventually you'll get the shaft from/through paypal.:bash:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Safe my ass. Especially DO NOT use your bank account or debit card, you have nearly zero protection with them. The only thing that is 100% is that eventually you'll get the shaft from/through paypal.:bash:

what the hell are you talking about? Ive had paypal since 2001 and ive never been shafter by them once, dont give out false info if you dont really know anything. :nonono:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
what the hell are you talking about? Ive had paypal since 2001 and ive never been shafter by them once, dont give out false info if you dont really know anything. :nonono:

I agree, I've used them for a very long time and whenever I've had any issue I just call them and it's solved quickly and professionally.

----------------
Now playing: Tenacious D - History
via FoxyTunes

eXs Vp

03 dSg CoBrA
Established Member
You don't add funds to your account from a C.C. You simply send funds from the C.C. through paypal. The option appears when you go to send money.

Sweet! It worked and i cant believe how easy it was. Thanks for the help.

It accepted my card on the first try..but i know what you mean because when I tried to add my first card it gave me a lil hard time..but my new card accepted without a problem.

Lightning247

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
Established Member

This is completely true. If you must have a PayPal account only set it up with a Credit Card (not your bank account) as a Credit Card company will go to bat for you in the event that there is some problem with the transaction.

Fall of 2007 I purchased a Mach 1 Intake manifold from some Duschebag on Mach1registry. I cleared everything up via PM and in their classifieds. He contacted me within hours every time I had a question, and it felt just like two dozen other transactions I've made so I sent money via paypal.

As soon as I sent the money this jackaßß never got back in contact with me. After a week I contacted PayPal who said I could "File a claim". To file a claim they basically have a 14 day window where Paypal notifies the seller (or buyer) of the complaint. After 14 days the claim is escalated and you are awarded the claim (which was the case for me).

Then Paypal proceeded to tell me they did not have the authority to take money from said persons account to refund me, and that the only way it could happen is if the seller agreed to return the money. i.e. I was screwed.

I tried to contact my Bank (Wachovia) to tell them that I had made a purchase and that the individual didn't send me the product and they told me that unless it was an unauthorized transaction they would not be able to get my money back. If it had been a Credit Card instead of my Bank it would've worked itself out.

Long Story Short:

1. PayPal has NO AUTHORITY to get you a refund, only your credit card company can do this (or bank if it's an unauthorized transaction)
2. Only set it up with a Credit Card, no bank accounts
3. PayPal customer service sucks :mj:

oldmodman

Established Member
I agree with the poster above me. i am in the middle of a PayPal claim right now. Thank God I used a credit card to pay for the product and the bank account that I have it linked to is a savings account with 50 cents in it. I use it only as a Paypal account "anchor".

It was a transaction involving detailing products on another Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread