PB Nitrous pass

kbrolly

Established Member
Barrowed a set of slicks and went back to SGMP this weekend. Had a great weekend, went another personal best on a 100 shot of 10.66 @ 126.98, with a 1.49 60. Also went a 10.67 @ 126.60, with a 1.47 60, but I kind of got out of the groove and I think it hurt the ET a little bit. The car is stock suspension except for a set of lower control arms. Very pleased with the 60 ft times, and think there is a little more in the car, it was at factory weight of 3745 with me in it and a half tank of gas, nothing taken out of the car, not even the spare tire. The car is an auto with a 4C converter, BBK longtubes and 3'' X-pipe, 3.73's JLT cold air and a tune. Of course racestars with skinnies and the Slicks. Here are a couple of videos, shot with a cell phone. By the way, the Cadillac CTS V was bad azz, it went 10.43 @ 137 that day, if it could only 60 foot it would probably be a 9 sec. ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W6z4kdjqfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjGPt4Ie9M

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Good runs. How do you like the 4c? I'm stuck between getting the 3c and 4c I have the same setup as you just a little more suspension and 4.10s. I don't want my daily drivability to completely be lost

kbrolly

Established Member
Good runs. How do you like the 4c? I'm stuck between getting the 3c and 4c I have the same setup as you just a little more suspension and 4.10s. I don't want my daily drivability to completely be lost

I love the 4C as far as drivability goes, I don't think it hurts the car at all, you can tell that you have a converter in it when taking off from a stop, but after that it drives normal. Although I will have to admit, I have had my car a little over two years and it just turned 5000 miles on the odometer, so it's not like I drive it every day. But I would have no issue getting in the car and driving it on a long distance trip.

4VFTW

Established Member

You will want the 4c over the 3c with 4.10's because the steeper gear will lower the stall of the converter slightly. No issues dailying a loose converter if the tranny tune is right.

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
That's for the info. You can always read reviews on a product but I'm glad to hear it from real life owners who actually race.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Which tires do you run? Do you think the car would benefit from a 5c? Which intake manifold do you run? What are your shift points?

kbrolly

Established Member
Which tires do you run? Do you think the car would benefit from a 5c? Which intake manifold do you run? What are your shift points?

I barrowed my buddies MT slicks, I think that they were a 27x9x15, my intake is the factory stock and my shift points are at 7000 rpm. I do not know if I would benefit from a 5C as the 4C really flashes on the shot of nitrous and I can't imagine my 60 ft being much better, I am very happy with the cars performance.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Do you think a 3c would work better than the 4c due to where it flashes? I'm contemplating a CJ intake manifold with a plate kit on my car, but choosing a converter is pretty hard especially something that hooks up on unprepped pavement.

kbrolly

Established Member
Do you think a 3c would work better than the 4c due to where it flashes? I'm contemplating a CJ intake manifold with a plate kit on my car, but choosing a converter is pretty hard especially something that hooks up on unprepped pavement.

I really don't know if a 3C would work better or not, but as hard as my car comes out at the track, I know it would never hook on the street. The best thing that you could do is call Chris at Circle D and tell him your combination, he is a really nice guy and he will tell you what converter is best for your application.

Users who are viewing this thread