pedal floored and driver dead (almost)

Grimlock

Established Member
I finally had my first dyno done by Strictly Performance. I came in at 373 hp and 360 torque uncorrected. Ill have to post the corrected dyno sheet when I get it on the PC later. The car is stock and runs great.
Youll never believe, but when they dynoed it the 2nd time, the gas just kept going after it had been floored and then hit the rev limiter before being shut down. Turns out the carpet was never pushed up all the way and was free flappin' down below. So the pedal got stuck when it was floored and was being blocked from coming back up by the carpet. The car has 1400 miles and I barely started to floor it yesterday but it had not happened to me. Needless to say, if I had not gone to get it dynoed and found out there while on the dyno, I would have found out doing 100+mph before ramming into something at full throttle. Thanks to SP for helping me out. You could say they saved my life. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
This thread is
gay.gif

Last edited:

Grimlock

Established Member
ROLMFAO!!!
You guys are hilarious. I realized I accidentally pushed the return key but while I was waiting for it to load to edit it, I got a stat case and had to postpone. Sorry for the mix-up.
WTH is pez?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
if you throttle ever gets stuck, PUT THE CAR IN NEUTRAL, AND SLOW THE **** DOWN!!!

Voice of Reason

Established Member
Tonight when you look at your dyno sheet from Strictly can you check to see if they printed it out in SAE, STD, or DIN? The one I had them do last August was rated in DIN, which I had never heard of before, so I looked it up and it's a rating that will read slightly higher than SAE but less than STD.

Grimlock

Established Member
Trust me, Ive been through the protocol in my head just in case, but it shouldnt happen again. Im still wondering wether or not to take it to the dealer to have it fixed. I just wanted to let everyone know just in case anyone else buys an 04 that has a DEAD heavy pedal.:fm:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
if you throttle ever gets stuck, PUT THE CAR IN NEUTRAL, AND SLOW THE **** DOWN!!!

:shrug: Turn the key off???? he he

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1

Or try pulling up on the pedal with the tip of your foot.

I had my gas pedal get stuck to the floor on my 1977 Celica and was able to pop it back up with my foot. Just needed to lube the carb linkage.

Of course the Celica only had 95 horsepower, so I had plenty of time to think about what to do before hitting dangerous speeds.

With a 400+ horsepower Cobra, you wouldn't have much time before breaking the sound barrier. Gotta think fast.

SNAKESWINGER

Established Member
In any high horsepower vehicle one should always be prepaired for a stuck throttle situation it can happen at any time for any number of reasons. In a stick its simple just push in the clutch , no problem, if the motor is gonna blow let it ,save yourself and the vehicle first.

Users who are viewing this thread