penske or uhaul?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Penske gets my vote. I rented a 24 foot box truck from them, it came with a DT466, filled it up with junk and towed a friend's Lightning with it. In the mountains of WV she'd only do about 40MPH at WOT but she got my load of stuff to SC.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
penske no quesitons asked. used them a bunch of times.

uhaul is for moving down the block and trying to save money. if you need a truck you can count on....penske. period.

alex3610

Established Member
Penske hands down. I've used Penske, U-Haul and Budget. The last budget truck you could see was a relettered penske rig. Basically they buy Penske's old junk. U-Haul rented my sister a truck with no passenger side mirror once! WTF. When I moved from NJ to VA I rented a Penske truck, it had 5k miles on it, and a great trailer to tow my car down here. All equipment functioned properly and the trip went smooth. Plus Penske often times had the best rates. They gave me a pretty good AAA discount too from what I remember. Good luck with your move.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Penske for sure, even if it costs a little extra. We moved a couple of years ago and used a penske truck...very nice truck. When I was looking I read a lot of bad stories about U-haul and a buddy of mine had one break down on him about 6 months before we did our move.

Users who are viewing this thread