People can't have nice things anymore

B0B

Established Member
Today is the third time someone has stolen/attempted to steal my truck in less than a year. This time it was parked in a gated and fenced parking lot, with 24/7 surveillance and security. Someone attempted in September also, while I was staying at a hotel, rendering it inoperative and causing 10k in damage. The first time, in May of 2021, someone successfully stole it and caused 15k in damage, and it was almost totaled. Much of it wasn't covered by insurance (Bose aviation headset, tuner, radar detector, sunglasses, deductible, etc).

It is unreal how completely ****ed our society is, and how people have become brazen enough to do this without fear of consequences. It really hits hard the type of people who take pride in the things they own, and work hard for what they have. Possessions aren't just material objects. You trade a portion of your life to make the money to buy your possessions.

After this incident, I'll be selling my beloved F350. I can't afford to buy another nice diesel right now, even a nice 1/2 ton truck will cost much more than what I can get for mine. It is such a shame, because I absolutely love the truck. It is in pristine condition and has absolutely nothing wrong with it. There is not a single scratch or dent on it, and the interior looks almost new. It kills me thinking about all the time I've spent tinkering with it over the last couple of years to really make it a nice rig.

I just needed to rant.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That really sucks! We've seen an increase in DAYLIGHT, brazen driveway thefts. These thugs know that most homeowners have security cameras but they conveniently wear Covid masks to hide their identity. They also know that it is unlikely that the police will (A) find them, or (B) will have the time to find them. Many police departments are lacking resources and then you have prosecutors who, well, don't prosecute.

Dave.O

Established Member
Install a kill switch, I did. On mine it would take far to long to chase the wiring to be worth stealing

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, curious as to how you got 10K and then 15k worth of damage on an attempted theft?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Ya,why sell it? Don’t let those POS’s win. Can you upgrade the insurance to an agreed replacement value where it wouldn’t sting the wallet as much to replace the truck in the event it does successfully get stolen? What years the truck? Post up a pic, sounds like a nice truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Also, curious as to how you got 10K and then 15k worth of damage on an attempted theft?
I’m thinking he means total damages to him. He listed a bunch of items that insurance would classify under homeowners policy. So he would have to pay two deductibles to made entirely whole again.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
I live in south Florida (Broward) and live in a decent area. However urban youths are always walking in and out of our neighborhood in their uniforms (long pants, sweatshirt with hood and backpack). We have neighbors calling cops all the time as these thugs open car doors, check houses to see if they are locked. One time I had mulch delivered and while I’m outside on the side yard some punks roll up and put a bunch of bags in their drink and drive away. Cops tell me they arrests these people and they are out on $50 bond and right back one or two days later, totally demoralizing. Our house is on the market.

Blown 89

Established Member
A Mexican immigrant with no insurance and driving a car that wasn't his just did 5k in damage to my Volt. My V has damage from vandals and crease in the door from someone hitting the car while parked. I really hoped Covid would take more people than it did.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
A Mexican immigrant with no insurance and driving a car that wasn't his just did 5k in damage to my Volt. My V has damage from vandals and crease in the door from someone hitting the car while parked. I really hoped Covid would take more people than it did.
Didn’t you mean to say illegal alien?

Blown 89

Established Member
Didn’t you mean to say illegal alien?
He had a Sonora driver's license, lives here full time and was employed here so I have no idea if he is illegal or not. You would think someone here legally would have a U.S. driver's license so chances are he's illegal but I can't say that for sure. I couldn't ask because he didn't speak English.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I live in south Florida (Broward) and live in a decent area. However urban youths are always walking in and out of our neighborhood in their uniforms (long pants, sweatshirt with hood and backpack). We have neighbors calling cops all the time as these thugs open car doors, check houses to see if they are locked. One time I had mulch delivered and while I’m outside on the side yard some punks roll up and put a bunch of bags in their drink and drive away. Cops tell me they arrests these people and they are out on $50 bond and right back one or two days later, totally demoralizing. Our house is on the market.

Unfortunately we get that up here too. Seems like once a week I read on the local news pslpd or MC sheriffs arrest some burglars from ft Lauderdale or Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread