People's Reaction to First Ride in Your Cobra

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Not a Cobra...but in the Stang, my mom commented on the horrible ride, my dad said "Not bad...for a Ford" and my little (formerly) emo brother just giggled. Other than that, I have the slowest car in my group of friends so nobody has been that impressed. But I'm working on that.

TqMnster

Established Member
Took my g/f with me on the testdrive when i was looking at my 03 Lightning and when i got on it she was like holy shit is it gonna blow up?!?!? I just lol'ed. She's drove my GTO and Cummins and Camaro so she's used to fast cars but the blower threw her off this time lol

TqMnster

Established Member
lol good thread. I absoluty love giving "non-car" people rides. They think im ****ing crazy after.

That is one SICK looking C6. I had my Z28 painted Daytone Sunset Orange Metallic after the new C6 vettes when they came out and had black Z06 rims on it. Looked damn good. :beer:

Moreboost88

Established Member
I just gave one of my "non" car buddys a ride on saturday in my GT500, (pulley,intake,catback,andtune) and he was freakin out, he thought it was a 7 sec car, I was like if you rode in a 7 sec car you would be shittin bricks

TqMnster

Established Member
I just gave one of my "non" car buddys a ride on saturday in my GT500, (pulley,intake,catback,andtune) and he was freakin out, he thought it was a 7 sec car, I was like if you rode in a 7 sec car you would be shittin bricks

Did you tell him maybe 7 secs in the 1/8th :lol1:

Coiled03

Established Member
Most of my friends and family are big time car fanatics, and have all been in and/or owned fast cars. The response I got from most of them was "that blower really screams", or something to that effect. None of them got freaked out, or scared.

Chuckler3

Zombie Survivalist
Established Member
i gave two newbs a ride this weekend.. nothing big.. just a couple fish tails around corners and a few runs through 3rd gear... there was alot of gasping and oh sh**'s... it was fantastic.. too bad my car is slow.. otherwise i might have gotten one of them to cry.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
out of all the replies, does anyone have a cobra? i thought it was funny since that's what the op asked. not that it matters.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
That is one SICK looking C6. I had my Z28 painted Daytone Sunset Orange Metallic after the new C6 vettes when they came out and had black Z06 rims on it. Looked damn good. :beer:

lol yah its sweet, to bad its not mine:cryying: haha but i gave a girl a ride in my terminator and she goes "it sounds like a fast and the furious car":uh oh: Im guessing cause of the blower whine but that was her last ride in it:rolling:

exdeath

Established Member
It's either one of two reactions, a shit eating grin or a terrified scream. Those with the terrified scream still grab for the bolsters when they see my hand reach for the shifter.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
One of my friends gave a ride in his Cobra to a girl at Texas World Speedway, she threw up. Luckily he made it to the pits first!

gotwood

Established Member
Man do I miss my Terminator. I took my neighbor for a ride before he shipped out for Afganistan. He is not a car guy at all and had never been in my car. I nailed the shit out of the car all the way up to 140 and I thought he was going to shit himself. mods are in my sig. I'm just counting the days til I get a Gt500 and It will be game on. This time I'm going straight for the new Whipple 3.4, full Basanni, 100 shot and etc. :rockon:

04svtterm

Established Member
first time i took my friend out for a ride, his response was.."wow, its a fast car, but why is the interior like a KIA." i laughed, but i didnt buy the car for the interior, bought it for performance.

Users who are viewing this thread