Perfect suspension recipe?

ablake6620

Established Member
I posted earlier looking for an IRS. After some input from other people I have Been told I can make my sra handle well. I don't race I just really want to make my cobra corner well and behave. I was told Panhard and control arms. Also I was considering a k member. What would I gain from this other than weight loss. Can someone advise me so I can make my car handle well

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
You sound like you've never done this before. So, my first word of advice would be to drive it on a racetrack before you modify it. Unless the current suspension geometry is unsafe, you'll learn a lot more on the track than in the checkout.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I posted earlier looking for an IRS. After some input from other people I have Been told I can make my sra handle well. I don't race I just really want to make my cobra corner well and behave. I was told Panhard and control arms. Also I was considering a k member. What would I gain from this other than weight loss. Can someone advise me so I can make my car handle well

Why wouldn't you just search and then go here:

Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

ablake6620

Established Member
i found the torque arm kit from maximum motor sports. and there is a variety or levels of the kit. heavy duty standard duty, adjustable lower control arms, non adjustable control arms. what would you guys recomend, this is for street use. i know im not a race car driver and dont go to the track but i would like to build my rear end right and get it over with

ablake6620

Established Member
no he didnt scare me off. i understand maximum motor sports is the place to call. what i meant by my last post is in the opinion of someone who has done this to there car where where is a good place to start and what were the results

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Perfect suspension recipe?

Well, which one is it that you want?

ablake6620

Established Member
The HD torque arm kit with panhard rod and adjustable lowers. Am I going to get a noticeable seat of the pants difference?

Users who are viewing this thread