Performance shops in MA

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Dez tuned my 03 vortech gt & I drove it hard & never had an issue. Dez racing imo is awsome & is very knowledgeable when it comes to mod motors.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Heres the story. He originaly tuned my car charged me $500 and $200 for dyno time, very high if you ask me, anyways the car ran like crap, so he tried to fix it on the dyno and supposdly got it right, after bitching the whole time like a little girl, so i drive it like that for a few mounths then decide to change things, so i add long tubes, duel cobra pumps, and drop the pulley to a 3.50, i call him about 9 times and leave messages every time, no calls back, finally thanks to a memeber i get him on aim, he responds wants me to go to NE dyno, so i drive up there took about 2 hrs, i get there and he still has all kinds of problems with it, finally he blames it on the throtle body and adjusts it after John Mihovitz from acfuab tells him not to as do the directions the air gap is set from the factory. So then he dosent like the pulley and dosent want to make a tune for it so he has me put the 4 inch back on and then tunes it, it runs like crap and the too boot the car was spining the tires on dyno because it wasent properly straped down, so i pay him another $300 and $100 for dyno time( He spends about 45 min max) and go on my way. Few mounths later its still running bad so i call him 19 times i have all the dates, leave him numerous messages again no call back. So at the time Chirs at MPE gets sniper tuning so i go over there put the car back on the dyno slap the 3.50 on and we go about tuning it, runs mint no problems what so ever a/f is perfect car runs like a champ and makes 430 rwhp to Freenmans 383 rwhp ( power didnt matter to me at the time driveability did) . Theres your story and i know of about 20+ OTHER POEPLE WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH HIM.

You had success w/ MPE yet I know of a handful of guys who have gotten horrible tunes for MPE. The throttle body thing doesn't make much sense. I do agree on the phone thing. He will not call people back right away.

snakebitten13

Established Member
You had success w/ MPE yet I know of a handful of guys who have gotten horrible tunes for MPE. The throttle body thing doesn't make much sense. I do agree on the phone thing. He will not call people back right away.

Im not sure what you dont understand about the throtle body, but ill explain it, there is a screw on the side of the throtle body is adjusts the gap around the blade, its pre adjusted at the factory so that the air gap is even all around, acfuab says not to touch the screw and specifacly states this in there instructions, so after me tell Freedman not to screw with it he does, messes up the gap which in turn affects the idel, so i had to send the Tb back to acfuab to have it readjusted, this can not be done with the human eye its done by a computer. Also he NEVER calls back.

As for MPE, they havent been tuning for long and just recenlty switched to Sniper software, so any one with an old tune would have a pro m chip, which as well all know pro m is not longer and bussiness and there chip's were horrible, so as far as those people whom have had bad tunes im sure chirs would correct then problem and make good with sniper softeware.

snakebitten13

Established Member

and as far as the throtle body thing is made perfect sence to John Mihovitz owner of Acfuab, he even made a special section on his website to try and help prevent people from adjusting the T/b's

http://www.accufabracing.com/article_1.htm

DO NOT ADJUST THE STOP SCREW ON THE THROTTLE BODY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This screw has been pre-set at the factory to insure a proper air gap around the throttle blade in the fully closed position. If by chance this stop screw has been adjusted in the field, please call our TechLine for further assistance.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I talked to Freedman once about tuning my blower car and he didn't even want me getting a throttle body as they are a waste of $$$$. I am suprised he recommended you get one and told me not too. Of course he never called me back so he never tuned it for me. He told me do an air meter, fuel pump, tune, blower and injectors. Maybe saleens are different than cobras.

nik46notch

Established Member
ok guys lets clear the air.....Bob at CE builds the majority of our mod motors(Dez) , and there are infact quite a few there at the moment, Bob is quick and he stands by his work, which is a good quality in an engine builder. All tuners will tell you that there are many variables that can **** with a tune once its been installed. If we got paid for all the free ours we give out , trying to make tunes 100%, we be millionaires. Its all about where you feel comfortable leaving your car. peace

snakebitten13

Established Member
I talked to Freedman once about tuning my blower car and he didn't even want me getting a throttle body as they are a waste of $$$$. I am suprised he recommended you get one and told me not too. Of course he never called me back so he never tuned it for me. He told me do an air meter, fuel pump, tune, blower and injectors. Maybe saleens are different than cobras.

When you buy a Kenne Bell 2.2, 2.1 or 2.6 for a 2v motor, it comes with an acfuab t/b, you run the 03 cobra inlet tube so you have to change over the t/b, and i wouldnt take advice on my lawn mower from Mike Freedman, he dosent know his ass from his elbow.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
ok guys lets clear the air.....Bob at CE builds the majority of our mod motors(Dez) and there are infact quite a few there at the moment. Bob is quick and he stands by his work, which is a good quality in an engine builder. All tuners will tell you that there are many variables that can **** with a tune once its been installed. If we got paid for all the free ours we give out , trying to make tunes 100%, we be millionaires. Its all about where you feel comfortable leaving your car. peace

Had to quote you, since I was sort of called a liar in this thread by one of the members with a Red 2V GT.

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckstang

Established Member
Could anyone quickly explain to me how as long as your A/F is safe, what else could be unsafe for your motor in the tune?
From reading all this it appears that those that have had problems with a tune from anyone for that matter, it is because they have a bunch of different parts and combos...

Users who are viewing this thread