Petition for Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi's release

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully not a repost, I searched the pub and didn't see anything.

Goal is 100,000+ signatures by May 31st so the White House will respond/investigate officially.

http://wh.gov/lGcvX

ssssnake

Established Member
Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
A Marine Corps combat veteran remains in a Mexican jail after missing a freeway ramp and crossing the border with legally owned American firearms — without a single hash tag from the White House. Sad.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So the dude missed a turn, drove straight into mexico, then was randomly searched and they found weapons? Isn't there a huge sign that says "now entering mexico"?? Maybe a lane to turn around in if you really didn't want to exit your country? Shit, they have that at the gates to my base.

Hope the dude comes home soon, and I hope we change our border crossings to prevent this in the future.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
I wonder if the same reaction would be displayed if a Mexican national got lost, missed an exit, etc.., and ended up in Texas or KA with a few firearms in the vehicle.

hb712

Established Member
His escape attempt doesn't really help his hopes for release.

Robert Francis

Established Member
It seems odd to me too that we can readily send 80 Marines andf drones into Nigeria and incur all the costs involved because Nigeria itself cannot and/or will not fight it's enemies - but we can't sem to do much of anything about a Marine combat veteran who served his country well in a foreign land.

Maybe it's because the kidnapped girls in Nigeria generated worldwide sympthay - but this guy is just one lone Marine who made a mistake and just doesn't count as much to the Obama administration as the kidnapped girls?

Users who are viewing this thread