Peugeot quits Le Mans

THE_STIG

Established Member
Toyota is debuting their new hybrid this year but I am not expecting anything amazing out of it. Aston Martin always has a good showing not including the AMR One which was a horrible disaster. Pescarolo will be out in force as they always are but I really don't see anyone that will take over as a strong competitor to Audi. Porsche returns to Le Mans in 2014, they are the next car maker I could see giving Audi a run for its money but as for the 2012 24hrs of Le Mans I think Audi will be running practice laps while everyone else fights each other behind them.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Ouch, 'twas great fun watching the Teutonic-Franco war at Le Mans. Porsche will be back in LMP1 in '14, I believe. Not sure where Audi goes from there?

...then we'll need Ferrari to come back to beat Porsche (maybe this time) and then Ford to come back and kick Ferrari's butt...again. I know...I know...in some alternative universe.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Ouch, 'twas great fun watching the Teutonic-Franco war at Le Mans. Porsche will be back in LMP1 in '14, I believe. Not sure where Audi goes from there?

...then we'll need Ferrari to come back to beat Porsche (maybe this time) and then Ford to come back and kick Ferrari's butt...again. I know...I know...in some alternative universe.

Ford will never have a factory team in endurance racing again, they have no reason too, and they don't have the means to. The fact that GM still backs the Corvette team blows my mind with the financial trouble that company has had. Ferrari is not going to come back in, they deal with F1 now. It would be cool to see Bentley through their hat back into the ring but that'll happen when Sterling Moss starts racing F1 again.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Ford will never have a factory team in endurance racing again, they have no reason too, and they don't have the means to. The fact that GM still backs the Corvette team blows my mind with the financial trouble that company has had. Ferrari is not going to come back in, they deal with F1 now. It would be cool to see Bentley through their hat back into the ring but that'll happen when Sterling Moss starts racing F1 again.

Hence...the reference to my own alternative reality. I was just reminiscing there for a moment. In the absence of a factory Ford effort all these years I've been cheering the Bowtie-infused Corvette effort agin the World in these races...unless a Ford GT is running (thanks Matech & Robertson...it was fun while it lasted). Great run for the Vette though in a real racing program. Anything that can bring the factories in against each other is great for endurance racing. If there is an alternative reality called Heaven...Sterling Moss is racing F1 again. :beer:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Hence...the reference to my own alternative reality. I was just reminiscing there for a moment. In the absence of a factory Ford effort all these years I've been cheering the Bowtie-infused Corvette effort agin the World in these races...unless a Ford GT is running (thanks Matech & Robertson...it was fun while it lasted). Great run for the Vette though in a real racing program. Anything that can bring the factories in against each other is great for endurance racing. If there is an alternative reality called Heaven...Sterling Moss is racing F1 again. :beer:

He's not dead, hes just old and retired. I refuse to cheer for the Corvette team just because its the only major American team. I look at drivers more than the car, I'm a huge Allan McNish fan (he's a fellow Scot), he used to race with Porsche and now he is with Audi so its sort of win win for me.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
You know, now that you mention it I do remember seeing Moss on cable recently (and was actually pleasantly surprised to see him after all these years) with Fittipaldi and Stewart at the Goodwood Festival. Completely forgot. Don't tell him I thought he was dead.

Sorry, I tend to root for cars first and drivers second. Yes, I am a light weight that way. McNish is very intense. I remember him describing a lap of Le Mans a year or so ago...scary how fast he can think and talk. Kristensen on the other hand seems the opposite...like ice-water in the veins. McNish's move last year at Le Mans was a bit overly aggressive so early in the race. Incredible how hard he hit that wall...and walked away.

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
You know, now that you mention it I do remember seeing Moss on cable recently (and was actually pleasantly surprised to see him after all these years) with Fittipaldi and Stewart at the Goodwood Festival. Completely forgot. Don't tell him I thought he was dead.

Sorry, I tend to root for cars first and drivers second. Yes, I am a light weight that way. McNish is very intense. I remember him describing a lap of Le Mans a year or so ago...scary how fast he can think and talk. Kristensen on the other hand seems the opposite...like ice-water in the veins. McNish's move last year at Le Mans was a bit overly aggressive so early in the race. Incredible how hard he hit that wall...and walked away.

That wal-through of Le Mans was from truth in 24:
[youtube_browser]sIAIA9u1WbE[/youtube_browser]

An amazing walk-through. I think he can drive faster than he talks though, that's what makes him a great driver. While he is explaining it you can see him thinking about his next 5 moves.

It was a bit overzealous of Allan to make a move like that so early on but as they say, "Shit happens". It was a rookie move but I don't see him making it again this year. Kristensen truly does have ice in his veins, he is the modern day Mr. Le Mans, even Jackie Ickx admits he is an amazing driver. I am hoping that Dindo will join up with Tom and Allan in 2012, he is a very under rated driver but he is paired with Audis top two pilots for a reason.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Who cares about the fake cars at Lemans(None-production factory race cars). I only pay attention to the production class. When Puke-it makes a real car, then yeah let me know. Until then it just don't matter. Kinda like Nascar... why even bother.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
LOL at Mississippians saying Peugeot doesn't make real cars.

They have racing victories dating back to before Ford was founded. If you want a look at a real car that Peugeot made, go look at a Group B Spec 205 Turbo 16. Cars like that made men twice as hairy chested as you shit their pants just by starting it.

When you get rid of that disgusting hood and gross stripes, you'll be able to comment on real cars.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
LOL at Mississippians saying Peugeot doesn't make real cars.

They have racing victories dating back to before Ford was founded. If you want a look at a real car that Peugeot made, go look at a Group B Spec 205 Turbo 16. Cars like that made men twice as hairy chested as you shit their pants just by starting it.

When you get rid of that disgusting hood and gross stripes, you'll be able to comment on real cars.

Bwahahaha your such an idiot. I live in Japan, race Silvia's, and work on Skylines with my friends for fun.

Plus my mustang has a show quality paint job, and it has been to a couple car shows but it by no means is the best car that I've made.

Once you build your first car, please feel free to comment... until then continue to be a spectator.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Bwahahaha your such an idiot. I live in Japan, race Silvia's, and work on Skylines with my friends for fun.

Plus my mustang has a show quality paint job, and it has been to a couple car shows but it by no means is the best car that I've made.

Once you build your first car, please feel free to comment... until then continue to be a spectator.

If you knew anything about real racing cars you would appreciate the history of LeMans.

Do you think those factory engineers just piss away all the data they gather over the span of the 24 hour race or in the development of the race car? No, alot of the technology and innovations gets passed down to the engineers that are designing their "real" cars.

Japan has the GT races, Id bet alot of your silvias and skylines pre production development happened on a race track.

Have fun tinkering with your "real cars for fun with your friends" that were developed by factory engineers on the race tracks of the world.

:beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

OMG Silvias!? That's cool that you work on 240SXs and Skylines. If I was 13, I'd be impressed. Sadly, I'm not some teenager who's impressed by names.

Also. I didn't say your paint had bad quality, I said it was gross. There's a difference. Learn it.

When you can figure out what a 908, 206 Super 2000, and 205 Turbo 16 are without using Google, then you can start talking motorsports with the big boys.

Users who are viewing this thread