Philly Cheesesteak Run 4/11/09

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Why is everyone so pressed on the weather. It's rain, your car will be fine. Seriously. Who cares what tires you are on? I've got Nitto road race radials in the rear with tread is down to the wear bars and it's still fine in the rain as long as I'm smart.

My94GT

Established Member
Why is everyone so pressed on the weather. It's rain, your car will be fine. Seriously. Who cares what tires you are on? I've got Nitto road race radials in the rear with tread is down to the wear bars and it's still fine in the rain as long as I'm smart.

because i have a dd for the simple fact that id like to keep my car out of the rain when i can. also they way my locker seems to act on dry pavement makes me think i wont like it with drag radials if i hit rain. just a personal choice.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
because i have a dd for the simple fact that id like to keep my car out of the rain when i can. also they way my locker seems to act on dry pavement makes me think i wont like it with drag radials if i hit rain. just a personal choice.

That's cool, just wondering. I hope it stays dry for you then. :beer:

What kind of locker do you have in your car? I've got an Auburn Pro in the Cobra and a Powertrax No-slip in the rear of the Jeep and both seem perfectly fine in the rain.

My94GT

Established Member
That's cool, just wondering. I hope it stays dry for you then. :beer:

What kind of locker do you have in your car? I've got an Auburn Pro in the Cobra and a Powertrax No-slip in the rear of the Jeep and both seem perfectly fine in the rain.

detroit locker. im sure if i had to i could drive it in the rain im just not trying to push my luck. its prolly only because ive had my car back for only a few days and im just worried something will happen to it. havent really driven the thing much in the past two years its always broken.:beer:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member

Drag Radials aren't designed for rain! I guess you haven't heard the horror stories of guys WRECKING their cars from driving on drag radials in the rain? If I happen to get caught coming home in the rain etc., I deal with it, but there's no way I'd purposesly try to go out in the rain with them unless I absolutely had to. Not worth the risk. This cruise is meant to be a fun event and driving white knuckled to Philly and back is not my definition of fun. Not sure what other folks reasons are, but that's mine!

cobra1923

Established Member
OFFICIALLY, WE MUST LEAVE SAFEWAY by 9:00. First post is updated. If you are just going to meet us at College Park Ikea at 10:00 then post that up so we aren't waiting for you at 9.

1. ScottinSSMD
2. Zaxjax
3. I-CAN-STANG
4. GCassidy
5. 01Lowboy
6. Sunburned- Tysons
7. Blown86
8. Tonk- Tysons
9. My94GT
10. rotor_powerd
11. Red Poison- Tysons
12. HURTNEM
13. Cobra1923
14. I'LL be Bok

I will post up by 8AM if I am not going to be at Safeway....Might have to wait for ya'll along 95 somewhere a little later. It will be a game-time decision. I would prefer not to have to detail the underside of the car anytime soon. Looks like the rain is supposed to be done up here by 7AM'ish

Tispho

Established Member
I'll be at Pike 7 (Tysons) In a black F350

Hope my truck can find parking in Philly.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Well from the looks of the radar... Its GONNA rain! I guess I just wasted a hour and a half cleaning my car. Oh well, hopefully its dry by the time I pull out. I'll be at the Panera Bread at Plaza 7 Pike or whatever its called.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Guess I'll be driving top up. :bored:

Looks like I'll only make it part way. Stuff poped up that I need to deal with this afternoon.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Guess I'll be driving top up. :bored:

Looks like I'll only make it part way. Stuff poped up that I need to deal with this afternoon.

I'm with you Greg, I can only go for so long and then I have to cut out.

Leaving soon

cobra1923

Established Member
8Am and it looks like the rain is starting to lighten up. I won't make it to Safeway but will shoot for college park.. If it's still too wet, then I gab ahold of the pack along 95. Stay safe in the water

Tonk

Established Member
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted until now. The event was a great success, even in the rain. Next year will be bigger and better, I promise. Thanks to everyone for coming out!

I've compiled a ton of pictures into a thread on Mischief.
Warning - there are a ton of pics....it will take a while to load, even on cable modem

Official Cheesesteak Run Photo thread - Mischief Forum

Users who are viewing this thread