Philly Cheesesteak Run 4/11/09

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Scott, if all goes well, I can meet you guys at the NoVa start point. The gf lives in Tysons, so she'll know where that place is.

Just an FYI, some PhillyLS1 kid who says he is one of the 'originators of the cruise' is giving me a bunch of crap on the CPT forum saying he'll be calling the cops on people that are 'speeding, driving recklessly, and ruining the cruise for everyone', after I told him I would not be doing 65mph all the way up to Philly. That being said, I figure the earlier we 'branch out', the better.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Weather is showing showers for Saturday now! Do they have a rain date selected or is everyone going to continue rain or shine?

My94GT

Established Member
if theres rain or even a good chance im out i just finally got my car back the other day and as good as its running id hate to press my luck for rain and have something happen.

*hope for nice weather*

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Driving in the rain.....piece of cake. :D
It's when its drying that I have problems. :nonono:

Scott, your sig is gargantuan! And missing something. :rollseyes

cobra1923

Established Member
Chris just posted up the different starting points. I will most likely go over to Tysons and start there at 9:30 just to get an early morning run over to College Park in in the morning.

Timmay, feel free to meet me at my house by 9:00 or just meet me at the Ikea at College Park.

Safeway meet spot in? Not sure who all will be meeting at Ikea or not. I know Chris, Tonk will be in the Nova group and not sure if Waxjax is running with the Bimmers to the GTG.

Post up, ya'll.

Oh, and if any of you want to do the Nova start point, just be at my house by 9:00 for a 9:00 departure, you are all more than welcome. We could even meet at Safeway.

So, is it official.. 9AM at Safeway in Silver Spring? Then off to college park?

Tonk

Established Member
From North Jersey:
Meet at the Molly Pitcher Service Plaza Mile Post 71.7 off the NJ Turnpike at 12:30pm, leaving at 1pm. The rest stop is just after Exit 8A on the Southbound side.
New Jersey Travelboards Strip Map

Or another from North Jersey:
Meet at Vince Lombardi Service Plaza of 95/295 at 11:00am, leaving at 12pm. Mile Post 116 East / MP 115.5 West.
New Jersey Travelboards Strip Map

From South Jersey:
Meet at the Tower Records on Rte. 38 next to Red Lobster, near Cherry Hill Mall. Time unknown, but this spot is about 30 minutes from Philly so 12:45pm or 1pm is probably a safe bet.

From Northern Virginia:
Meet at Pike 7 Plaza at 9:15am, leaving at 9:45am sharp. There is a Starbucks and a Panera Bread so you can get breakfast or coffee if you want. There are spaces in the parking lot near BB&T where there will be the most parking (the side of the parking lot closest to Pike 7).

From Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania:
Meet at Firestone Tire Parking Lot, near Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA at 12:00pm, leave by 12:30pm.

Tonk

Established Member
Just an FYI, some PhillyLS1 kid who says he is one of the 'originators of the cruise' is giving me a bunch of crap on the CPT forum saying he'll be calling the cops on people that are 'speeding, driving recklessly, and ruining the cruise for everyone', after I told him I would not be doing 65mph all the way up to Philly. That being said, I figure the earlier we 'branch out', the better.

Dude don't worry about him. He's not going to call the cops. As I said on the other forum, he's a good friend of mine. He just wants to make sure everyone acts reasonably responsible. He's got a 600rwhp Camaro...it's not like he hasn't had his fun on highway runs.

Weather is showing showers for Saturday now! Do they have a rain date selected or is everyone going to continue rain or shine?

Car show season is in full effect. This was the only weekend that most people had free. We picked this date 2 months ago so we gotta stick with it. Event is rain or shine. If you miss this one, we're going to have another in the fall.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
For all you garage QUEENS and foo foo weather bugs, the weather precip percentage is not what you may think. Per my good friend Berk from last year, I decided to search this out. Because they are currently calling for 50% SHOWERS, this does not mean we will definitely have rain half the day. It means that at any given point in the listening area there is a 50% chance that it will rain or shower there at any point in the day. Now Saturday is calling for showers that are trickling through form the night before. Sure would hate to see half of you bale because of some light showers rolling through. No, wait!! Stay Home!!!! More open road for me and those who do come.

FAQ - What is the Meaning of "Probability of Precipitation"?

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
So, is it official.. 9AM at Safeway in Silver Spring? Then off to college park?

Um, no. If you are interested in adding some cruise time with a much smaller group first thing, then meet up with us at my place, or Safeway if you guys want to meet there. We should leave there by 9 to be in Northern Virginia to cruise over to College Park, the official meeting place. This is just an extra leg I and a couple others are interested in adding to the day. A spirited group to say the least.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My car is officially registered now, hopefully will be mostly, if not completely, fixed at Jason's tomorrow.

ethomass

Established Member
I was thinking of maybe making the cruise from College Park to White Marsh and breaking off there. If so i'll finally be able to meet some of the MACA members. Still have yet to make it to an event and introduce myself

cobra1923

Established Member
Um, no. If you are interested in adding some cruise time with a much smaller group first thing, then meet up with us at my place, or Safeway if you guys want to meet there. We should leave there by 9 to be in Northern Virginia to cruise over to College Park, the official meeting place. This is just an extra leg I and a couple others are interested in adding to the day. A spirited group to say the least.

I'll be coming down from the Towson area so, 9AM at the Silver Spring Safeway would be perfect for me. I'd love to hook up and cruise with you guys to NOVA and CP.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm probably not going to be back in the area until 12ish Lund is tuning my car in the morning. I may take SEPTA out there's no way I'm driving down though once that area fills up.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
So now I'm confused. :??:
Is is Scott's at 9, Tysons Corner at 9, or Safeway at 9.
Still gotta get me car back together. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread