Photo radar ticket, should i pay it?

primo

Established Member
I got a photoradar ticket for going 66 in a 55. No where does it say how much the ticket is or if I get to go to traffic school. It says to sign the bottom half of the paper with an enlarged copy of your drivers license. Should I send it in? or ignore it an take my chances with the process server? Bottom line, I dont want to go to coaurt and if I have to pay it, i'd rather just cut them a check and be done with it.

paxton5.0

Established Member
That is called a snitch ticket. The only way they can have enough evidence to prosecute you is if you snitch on yourself by sending in what they ask. If it was already a ticket it would have an amount and everything on there already. I dealt with this in here in cali with a redlight ticket that my wife got, car was not registered to her and they didnt know who she was. We got the same type of thing in the mail as you. I ignored it and nothing has ever come of it, and this was about 2 years ago. She just renewed her license the other day so I know there isnt anything on her dmv and no holds on my car registration as I have renewed that also.

Darcsun

Established Member
Most people here in PHX haven't been paying. They need to serve you in order to prove you actually recieved it. If they do, the fine goes up $20. We have three people in my office right now who have ignored the tickets... no follow up from DPS.

Fastboy

Established Member
I agree with above and is there actually a delivery confirmation on the ticket to truly show you have received it in mail? Things can get lost in mail very easily.

Jefe

Established Member
Most people here in PHX haven't been paying. They need to serve you in order to prove you actually recieved it. If they do, the fine goes up $20. We have three people in my office right now who have ignored the tickets... no follow up from DPS.

Yep theres a company you can pay $60 to and they would tell you the same thing. You have to physically be served the ticket. Why push it though? Just go to the class if you havent been in 2 years. Or you can pay the fine which is usually over $200 and watch your insurance go up a lot more over the next 3 years

pyrocrazy

Established Member
A friend of mine from PA got this and just ignored it. That was about six months ago and no problems.

Excuse me sir for typing fast and not having spell check. Your an ass

*You're :rolling:

just messing with ya...

jean

Established Member
I was told as no law officers are present it not a moving violation and cannot be reported to your insurance.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Why would you not pay it? I really don't understand why this is a question. You will eventually pay it, there is no getting around it.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
if it was issued by a private company, i wouldn't pay it. iirc, under this circumstance, the city doesn't even hear about the ticket until you send it in.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Why would you not pay it? I really don't understand why this is a question. You will eventually pay it, there is no getting around it.

because photo radar tickets are bullshit. they are a source of revenue, both for the company running the system and the city in which they are installed.

Users who are viewing this thread