Photos from Cayman

Simon_C

Established Member
I picked it up a few weeks ago. I have finally got around to posting photos (been too busy driving the car). Car arrived with 7 miles on it. Supercharger was still locked. My dealer was great - followed every instruction to the letter. He drives a 1964 Vette with a 572 crate engine - so he gets it. He gave me the keys the day it arrived so I could take it for a test drive (and take off all the labels I wanted). The sad part was having to give it back for prep and licensing the next day.

I never signed a contract at any stage. It was all done on a handshake. How it should be done in my opinion. My dealer pointed out a couple of flaws in the stripes and had already ordered replacements under warranty. I have to say, I doubt I would have noticed.

Having spent some time in the car I can appreciate what everyone is talking about. These cars are astonishing. The power is absolutely intoxicating.

DSC01289_zpsd8d5da89.jpg

DSC01290_zpsd2cacf00.jpg

DSC01291_zps2a25f9aa.jpg

DSC01307_zpsed2cbb76.jpg

Ky GT500

Established Member
Awesome car, awesome location, congrats on the new ride. Sounds like you have a great dealer.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Congrats! Awesome color combo.

Dumb question, how did you know the supercharger was still locked? I thought that after 5 miles or 50 starts it would automatically unlock??? If you received it with 7 miles, I would have expected the sc to have been delivered unlocked.

verbal

Established Member
Beautiful, congrats! Where are you able to drive it though? I remember going to the Cayman Islands when I was younger and all the roads were tight, curvy roads running through small towns. I don't remember any big stretches of road. Are you able to open it up anywhere?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. We're down here right now at the east end. Would love to see that on the road. Would be a nice change of pace from all the ricers.

Simon_C

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

What was the delivery fee?

Congrats on the car. Maybe I can visit you but which bridge do I take from the US to Cayman?

The freight wasn't too bad. 40 percent import duty was the killer (on invoice price). I was very close to getting the classic white with blue stripes. Awesome combo.

Beautiful, congrats! Where are you able to drive it though? I remember going to the Cayman Islands when I was younger and all the roads were tight, curvy roads running through small towns. I don't remember any big stretches of road. Are you able to open it up anywhere?

There are a few better stretches of road now. But speed limits are way too low. They may be building a road track and a drag strip. In the meantime it is the Passport Max.

Must not be many over there! Nice color combo

I think mine is the fifth and only 2013/2014 though there may be private imports that I am not aware of.

Congrats & good luck with your new ride.
Any tuner shops on the island ?

None that I am aware of. Everything we get from the US. Staying stock for now. I am more than capable of getting into trouble with that much horsepower on a small island.

Nice. We're down here right now at the east end. Would love to see that on the road. Would be a nice change of pace from all the ricers.

Are you on a diving holiday? Sometimes I go to East End for an early Saturday morning drive. I know what you mean. Fed up being tailgated by all the Honda Civics.

evil eye

Established Member
Love that color combo and that Cayman backdrop makes for excellent pictures. Guess you don't have to worry about storing it for the winter like some of us. :D

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks everyone!

Are you on a diving holiday? Sometimes I go to East End for an early Saturday morning drive. I know what you mean. Fed up being tailgated by all the Honda Civics.

Yes, diving as much as possible. I'll have to keep an eye out when I head to the dock at Morritt's on saturday morning at 8 ;-)

NorCalGuy

Established Member
Yes, diving as much as possible. I'll have to keep an eye out when I head to the dock at Morritt's on saturday morning at 8 ;-)

I am also here with my family. Flew in on Saturday. Staying at the Marriott on 7 Mile Beach. Been on the lookout for your Shelby. Thus far only seen a GT 5.0. Lots of little rice-cars running around with annoying exhaust. We love the Island, nice change from Hawaii. My wife enjoyed dinner at Agua and Karma. Of course, my daughter prefers Burger Shack. :rolling:

My wife wants to head back into Georgetown on Friday. Maybe we'll see you around town.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

nickf2005

Established Member
Was just at the island and 7 Mile Beach last week for a day (cruise). Beautiful area. Will more than likely visit for a longer period again sometime. Probably the best water I've ever seen.

That Ruby Red is stunning to say the least. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread