Photos of the Cobra after ClearKote VM Glaze & Wax

Todd03Blown

Established Member
BlckSnake said:
how long are you buffing each section?
Not really sure how long since it depends on how much spiderwebbing, scratches etc. It took me a solid 12hrs to do my entire car using 7 products including clay as well. Granted this was my first time using a PC and I used 7 products :D

Juiced-03

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
The application was by hand. I used the Vanilla Moose Wax (liquid). I should pickup some of the Caranuba Moose Wax also.

Just so you know, Vanilla Moose is NOT a wax. But your car looks great!!

And something else to consider, Moose Wax is a paint cleaner so you may have actually stripped off the Zaino with that product. Vanilla Moose also has cleaning power as well. You really should seal the deal with Carnauba Moose Wax because you may have no protection on the finish (if the Moose Wax stripped the Zaino!).

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Just so you know, Vanilla Moose is NOT a wax. But your car looks great!!

And something else to consider, Moose Wax is a paint cleaner so you may have actually stripped off the Zaino with that product. Vanilla Moose also has cleaning power as well. You really should seal the deal with Carnauba Moose Wax because you may have no protection on the finish (if the Moose Wax stripped the Zaino!).

Good point. So the "Vanilla Moose Wax" is just another polish like the glaze? Is the "Hand Glaze" just used to take out some scratches and to deposit oils in the paint?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Good point. So the "Vanilla Moose Wax" is just another polish like the glaze? Is the "Hand Glaze" just used to take out some scratches and to deposit oils in the paint?

You are exactly right. Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze does have very little protective qualities, but is more of a filler glaze than anything else. It would be more along the lines of a very light polish. The Moose Wax is more of a paint cleaner, and I don't believe it has any protective qualities. The Carnauba Moose Wax (which you did not use) is simply a carnauba based wax. It provides great protection but with no cleaning/polishing capabilities.

Next time I would just skip the Moose Wax and use Vanilla Moose then Carnauba Moose Wax. Not many people even use Moose Wax (some of the guys on Autopia use it for door jams though).

Last edited:

Svets96

Established Member
Both of those cobras look amazing, Todd03blown those wheels look killer man :D :beer:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
You are exactly right. Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze does have very little protective qualities, but is more of a filler glaze than anything else. It would be more along the lines of a very light polish. The Moose Wax is more of a paint cleaner, and I don't believe it has any protective qualities. The Carnauba Moose Wax (which you did not use) is simply a carnauba based wax. It provides great protection but with no cleaning/polishing capabilities. it does contain some solvents though.

Next time I would just skip the Moose Wax and use Vanilla Moose then Carnauba Moose Wax. Not many people even use Moose Wax (some of the guys on Autopia use it for door jams though).

I gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Would some S100 work for a bit as a sealant? I've heard it is one of the less durable caranubas. :shrug:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
I gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Would some S100 work for a bit as a sealant? I've heard it is one of the less durable caranubas. :shrug:

I LOVE S100, but it wouldn't be something I would put on black. It looks great on lighter colored cars though. Pinnacle Souveran, Natty's Blue, Poorboy's EX, or Carnauba Moose Wax would all look great!

spree

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I LOVE S100, but it wouldn't be something I would put on black. It looks great on lighter colored cars though. Pinnacle Souveran, Natty's Blue, Poorboy's EX, or Carnauba Moose Wax would all look great!

It looked great when I had it on top of CMW on my car :shrug:

Juiced-03

Established Member
spree said:
It looked great when I had it on top of CMW on my car :shrug:

Yeah but you already had CMW under it so it would have looked great with Turtle Wax on top of it lol :burnout:

I have never really liked S100 on dark colors. It just isn't deep enough for me. It has more of a clear, reflective look which is what I like for lighter colors. I like something a little deeper and wetter on darks.

spree

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Yeah but you already had CMW under it so it would have looked great with Turtle Wax on top of it lol :burnout:

I have never really liked S100 on dark colors. It just isn't deep enough for me. It has more of a clear, reflective look which is what I like for lighter colors. I like something a little deeper and wetter on darks.

really? My experience with s100 was pretty much the opposite of that. It did take away a lot of the depth and reflectivity of CMW, but it gave my car a very dark, somber, wet, and menacing look.

In other words, it's not the best wax for the bling look, but damn did it look sexy at night with S100 on it...

Juiced-03

Established Member
spree said:
In other words, it's not the best wax for the bling look, but damn did it look sexy at night with S100 on it...

S100 is probably my favorite wax to use in the rain season though. I love those beads :-D

Users who are viewing this thread