PHP Air Box

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Anyone using the PHP CAI/Air Box or whatever they call it? Just wondering if this is worth the extra $$$ over a K&N FIPK.

5221601.jpg

Orange Poison

Established Member
Yes it is! This is a quality piece!

Steeda copied the PHP....Paul's is the original design and it uses a 9" K&N which comes with the pre-filter screen....which the steeda does not.

Look man, I only had a Magnaflow catback and the PHP CAI and I dynoed 420rwhp STD. Take it for it's worth. This CAI is for real.

The moderator of this board has this same kit and I'm sure he can chime in on it's effectiveness.

This kit bolts right up....NO ISSUES.

Espn2 did a special about a year and a half ago on the 03 Cobra and Paul's 03 Cobra was featured in that segment. Paul's had the first 03 Cobra to go into the 10's and when I saw his kit installed on his Cobra....I said that looks nice!

Sorry for the rant...

Tony

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer: I,ve had the PHP CAI on my car since July 02 recommended by 03 DOHC . Great piece ,easy install go to www.paulshp.com.

Last edited:

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
i dunno man. first thing i would do is compare the K&N FIPK 2 filter side by side the K&N they use for the PHP. Which would you rather have?

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
what is the difference, it is basically nothing more than a k&n filter, am I wrong on this?

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
what is the difference, it is basically nothing more than a k&n filter, am I wrong on this?

That is what I am trying to figure out.:??: It looks the same (based on the picture at PHP) exept for the pre-filter you get with it.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
yeah, to hell with that. Has anyone just ordered a 9 or 12" conical and put it on there?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it is a quality piece, top notch materials and fit.

if you want a open filter flopping around in there, i say go for it, but i didn't. to me it was worth the $$

like blue poison, i saw good hp results, see sig

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
You are quite correct, except the PHP airbox has a nifty metal bracket that holds the filter off the frame and everything bolts on and fits into the stock locations without any modification. Will it perform better than all the others out there? Probably not, since it's just a 9" K&N with a MAF bracket and shield, but it will perform similar to other open element filters. I got it because it looks nice when you pop the hood and it performs just as well as any other.

I would not get the steeda just because they stole the idea from PHP.

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
I would be interested in a comparison between this and the Apten CAI. Any ideas? Price is about the same , but the Apten is really a clean looking set-up.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Mine is for sale if anyone wants it! It has about 3,000 miles on it, comes with the filter sleeve! Pm for details!!

Users who are viewing this thread