Established Member
Anyone have this kit installed yet?

brembo-6-piston-kit.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a similar set on my 1994 Callaway Camaro. Back in 1997 I paid $3,200.00 for the front brakes. They were absolutely awesome but I would NEVER spend that kind of money on front brakes again. Not unless I had a real need to that level stopping power. JMO.

That IS a sweet looking set.

Brizzal84

Established Member
I have the willwood big brake kit on my cobra. its 14 inch roots and 6 pistion caliper. willwoood makes all there brake stuff out of aluminium. It about $800 less. brembo makes all there brakes out of steel. which add lots of extra wights. also you pay for there name. do not get the drilled rooter, you want sloted.
I will say this tho having big brakes is the best MOD i have ever done to my cobra. so good luck bro.:beer:

Last edited:

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
I had a similar set on my 1994 Callaway Camaro. Back in 1997 I paid $3,200.00 for the front brakes. They were absolutely awesome but I would NEVER spend that kind of money on front brakes again. Not unless I had a real need to that level stopping power. JMO.

That IS a sweet looking set.

Pics of the Callaway Camaro?!

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
I have the willwood big brake kit on my cobra. its 14 inch roots and 6 pistion caliper. willwoood makes all there brake stuff out of aluminium. It about $800 less. brembo makes all there brakes out of steel. which add lots of extra wights. also you pay for there name. do not get the drilled rooter, you want sloted.
I will say this tho having big brakes is the best MOD i have ever done to my cobra. so good luck bro.:beer:

This kit uses Aluminum calipers. :)

Seahorse

Established Member
Not a Mustang, but had these on my previous car - part of the AMG package with brakes sourced from Brembo.

wheels006.jpg

wheels012.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
unless you are professionally road coursing it every weekend, those are overkill.

get some great pads. that is the most important part of the system.

OneFastSnake

Established Member
+1 what he said ^^^^ unless ur car is being built for x-cross or road racing seems a liitle steep for front brakes, shoot at that price i would get a set of true forged's or better a whipple.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pics of the Callaway Camaro?!

Sure. I sold it back in 2000 for $30K to a retired engineer in Florida. A regular Z-28 at the time would sell for approximately $9K. The car actually was well known on the east coast through my appearances at the Super Chevy Shows. Won 1st in Class in 1999 and Runner-Up in 2000. When a friend posted a thread on a Camaro SS forum that I was considering selling it, within an hour I had two offers to buy it sight unseen. One was the retired engineer. He agreed to my firm price and within a week he was driving it back to Florida.

All Callaway Camaros came with the SN400 (404hp) engine, which could be upgraded to their SN-440 (440hp) package. Mine was first Camaro to be fitted with the Corvette spec SN-450 engine. To my knowledge only 2-3 Camaros were fitted with the SN-450 engine.

I purchased the Z-28 in 1994 and kept it stock for 2 years. Between 1996 and 1998 I had Callaway (their shop is only 45 minutes from me) install every option in their catalog except the body kit. I was never too crazy about it. Became friends with their lead salesman (no longer there) and spent a lot of time with their engineering and shop folks discussing my setup. Met Reeves, of course, and had a number of interesting chats with him. Nice down to earth guy. Back to the car, though. The Callaway mods I had installed included the following, which is their entire catalog minus the body kit. Note that the body kit was required for any Callaway modified Camaro to be added to their official Callaway Registry. So technically it isn't a "Callaway Camaro" as defined by Callaway's Registry. Was to me, though. ;-)
* Complete Callaway leather interior
* Callaway intake
* Callaway stainless steel headers
* Callaway polished aluminum valve covers
* Callaway one-off custom stainless steel catback
* Callaway SN400 engine (soon upgraded to their SN440)
* CallawaySN450 engine designed for the Corvette (450hp)
* Callaway/Hurst 6-speed shifter
* Callaway lowered suspension (trailing arms, stabilizer bars, panhard rod and strut tower brace, 1LE swaybar package) with Callaway springs
* Callaway/Koni adjustable shocks
* Callaway/Brembo 4-piston F-40 front brakes with 13.1" rotors
* Callaway drilled rear rotors
* Callaway/O-Z 17" X 9.5" Monte Carlo wheels
* Callaway heavy-duty performance clutch
* Callaway custom body paint (Corvette red paint with painted stripes) with custom Callaway SN-450 graphics.

The hood an cold air kit were bought from Suncoast Creations in Florida, and painted/installed by Callaway's paint shop.

Callaway.jpg

CallawayCamaroRear.jpg

CallawayEngineLeftSide.jpg

SN450.JPG

CallawayInterior.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread