Picked up a new fun car!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
A week and a half ago I went down to Tampa, FL and drove back in my new 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302! I drove her 1000 miles back to Shreveport, LA and let me tell you, the Recaro's are fantastic for travel. I love the seats and how they hold you in place.

I have driven a 1998 Mustang GT for the past 6 years and the Boss is a world of a difference. The power is there, no more downshifting and stabbing the gas to pass people! 7500 RPM comes in a flash and the high RPM sound is intoxicating.

The Track Key idle makes me want to sit under a bridge for hours and the pops and crackles from the exhaust when downshifting make me grin ear to ear! The Grabber Blue color is eye catching and people definitely notice! If your are thinking about purchasing a Boss 302, do it and you will not regret it:D!

Her first show this past weekend!
IMG_3333 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Coming back from Tampa:
IMG_3270 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

IMG_3275 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Washing my Boss for the first time!
IMG_3301 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

My 1998 GT makes an appearance in this picture!
IMG_3299 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

I apologize for the Iphone pictures, I will get her ready and all cleaned up for a proper photoshoot in the future!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice car. I love that Grabber Blue color!
Congrats and enjoy.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
So how far off is the Boss in comparison to your track dedicated car for road course work?

Not really too bad, I can tell the chassis is stiffer by far. The springs on my Boss are definitely not as stiff. I have not played with the Boss's adjustible shocks and struts yet, in stock configuration the Boss Tokico's are good and feel similar to my Cobra. The springs on my Boss are what is causing the break dive/acceleration squat. The Cobra has an MM PHB/TA setup and is a go cart! The S197 chassis is stiffer, I still feel the rear axle move slightly though going on on/off ramps. My Boss is stock and I plan to keep her that way for a long time, no Cortex Watts Link/TA/CO's anytime soon! I am happy with the handling of my stock Boss, she is not too rough and not too soft.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats!

These cars are VERY affordable now and are certainly performance bargains!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! That Boss 302 is a nice find; great color. How do you like the transmission overall?

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Thank you everyone! I fell in love with this color and waited it out and found one! No mods are planned other than remove the front tag bracket and fill the holes, fix the rock chips in the paint, and there is a small spot in the hood where a decent sized rock hit it. I may Xpel Ultimate the bumper, hood, fenders, door cups, rocker panels, mirror caps, and behind the wheel wells. I want my Boss protected and as good as new or better.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
My Boss is stock and I plan to keep her that way for a long time, no Cortex Watts Link/TA/CO's anytime soon! I am happy with the handling of my stock Boss, she is not too rough and not too soft.

Long time = 3 months. lol

Very nice Boss. Definitely an eye catcher.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Congratulations, you picked the best color!

Thank you, Grabber Blue IS the best color!:beer: I love your Shelby, GB w/Black stripes or GB with a stripe delete would definitely be the color if I went GT500! The Boss just checked all the boxes for me and 444 horsepower is already more than enough for the streets:thumbsup:!

Great lookin' car...I'm jelly.
Thanks man!

Long time = 3 months. lol

Very nice Boss. Definitely an eye catcher.

Thanks man and she definitely turns heads, GB pops. It may take longer than 3 months lol, we will see!

Users who are viewing this thread