picking up car with RXT and MGW today

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Cars been gone for two weeks because I had to go drop it off with a buddy who lives by the shop paired with McLeod putting the RXT on back order. But, he has been driving it around Orlando getting them break in miles on the car for me so when I go pick it up today I can rip on it sooner.

I have heard nothing but good things around here about both of these products looking forward to feeling the difference. My buddy (who had both products in his new edge gt) states it feels amazing and is going to be a little depressed when I take the car back because he's loved getting the 1034912840184 compliments he gets on a daily basis. Besides the fact he's been surviving on his two wheel transportation for a year since he's been building the gt (LQ4 carbed and turbo'd swap) and has enjoyed actually being a/c'd and having windows to keep him dry during the orlando storms.

Last edited:

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Picked it up and oh my does it feel amazing... The RXT is amazingly light compared to stock and the MGW is nice and short and tight. The drive feels great and would recommend the parts to anyone (or anyone who is even more behind on the mods than me).

Thanks goes to Lamotta Performance in Orlando for getting the car in and out and yet another quality install on the car. It was quite refreshing dealing with Jake on every bit of the transaction from communication to install to final payment rather than the other employees.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I'm still torn on the rxt or p-trim. I'm sure I'll need one coming up near summer or shortly after. Finally getting some tires to help put power to the ground.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
I'm still torn on the rxt or p-trim. I'm sure I'll need one coming up near summer or shortly after. Finally getting some tires to help put power to the ground.

The peddle is super light you can practically blow on it to disengage the clutch. The engage point is spot on. I've never had the P-trim but at this point in time I'm sold on the RXT.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
+1 on RXT... Never compared it to the P-trim, but can compare it to stock pedal feel... So far, it's been everything that I've heard....

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
There are lots of both close by. You should try before you by. I have the RXT if you want to see.

What tires are you getting?

305/35/19 et street 2

I know it won't solve my traction issues due to the sidewall but I want a streetable tire that will give me more traction then my ps2's

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hows the RXT in traffic?

Should be about like driving a Honda lol. Something that hasn't been said yet is you can SLIP it as much as you want or you can just take off. (just saying you can if you want but not saying it's a good idea);-) Some clutches are on/off and it's not one of them.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Vapor snake: any extra noise at all?

none at all

Hows the RXT in traffic?

effortless... i'd be much more inclined to sit with my foot on the clutch in traffic rather than throwing it in neutral.

when i was first shopping them I thought "how much lighter could the peddle really be" the answer is "quite a bit lighter"

Users who are viewing this thread