Picking up my Cobra today!

ChuckV

Established Member
Finally found the right car. Red '03 10th Anniv Edition. CPO from an SVT dealer with 14k and change. The condition this car was in was just head and shoulders above every Terminator I've looked at before this. Looks and feels like it's brand new!

For all those still looking, keep up the search and wait for the right car! Don't be afraid to travel, this car is a 2.5 hour drive from my house, which I'm HAPPY to make for the superior quality product, and the 75,00 mile warranty.

Pics will follow. :coolman:

ChuckV

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Mind if I ask what ya bought it for?

They were asking 34999, talked them down to 32,999. Edmunds said that was TMV for a CPO with such low miles in such good shape, and given all the POSes I've seen in the upper-mid 20s, I jumped on that number. I know it's a bit on the high side for pre-owned Cobras overall, but after months of shopping, it was worth it for the right car, haha. The dealership with Winner Ford in Newark, DE, if you're curious.

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
ChuckV said:
They were asking 34999, talked them down to 32,999. Edmunds said that was TMV for a CPO with such low miles in such good shape, and given all the POSes I've seen in the upper-mid 20s, I jumped on that number. I know it's a bit on the high side for pre-owned Cobras overall, but after months of shopping, it was worth it for the right car, haha. The dealership with Winner Ford in Newark, DE, if you're curious.

Holy crap? 33 with 14K? Thats 7 grand more than what I paid for my 03 with 3000 miles on it and mine was/is very clean and great shape. But as long as your happy with it my words dont mean squat. Concradulations on the car :beer:

Mystichrome, I just noticed that. Nice.

Last edited:

RGrossman

Established Member
Hmmm, I paid 30,100 before taxes for my Black 10th Anniv Cobra Coupe new. Did you get a vert? even if its a vert, yikes, that dealer made out.

Congrats on the car though! These are great cars.

Last edited:

BittenInBama

Established Member
Ouch! Nearly $33K?!

Anyway....Dude, LOVE the color/car!! :pepper: I have had mine for 3 months now...still grin from ear to ear every morning when I fire it up to go to work. Enjoy!

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely a high price, but if it's the car he wanted he should continue smiling. I remember I paid sticker for my '03 back in December of 2002 when the discounting hadn't yet started. Within weeks I was hearing of guys paying $33-34K for a brand new '03. At first I felt bad that I wasn't able to get a better deal, but I have to say my Cobra never gave me grief, it only had one visit to the dealer for warrantee work (a fog light) and it was a blast to drive. So yeah, I paid more than some did back then, but I was still happy. And that's what counts.

So Chuck, congrats on the mint Cobra you found. One piece of advice, though. You said it has a 75,000 mile warrantee. If you intend to go beyond the intake and exhaust mods you might not ever get to use all of that extended warrantee. But, you'll still be smilin' every time you row the gears. Enjoy!

Romans8:28

Established Member
I know there are exceptions to what I am about to say but.........

It appears to me that the value of the 03/04 Cobra's are actually starting to RISE!

I have tracked used car numbers for almost two years on these cars (while I was waiting to buy and since I became an owner) and I see a solid 1500-3000 tick up in the last 4 months or so.

I had someone offer me 31K sight unseen for my 04 just last week. We were talking cars and the next thing I know a total stranger was offering to buy my ride (and he WAS serious :thumbsup: )

I politely thanked him and told him no way :beer:

03SVTSILVER

Established Member
i paid 25k for my 03 silver with just over 14k miles... my warranty is coming to an end in a few months though.. i still think i got a hell of a deal...

stimeybob

REDFIRE COBRA
Established Member
Congrets on the cobra, and yes I'm also seeing the price going back up. I got my 04 from a local dealer last Oct. 7th as they started to lower the price on all the last cobras they had. I got $7000 off sticker, I needed it because I was upside down in my truck and a harley. I traded them both in for the cobra. One cobra is better then a silverado and a harley! Later

760-MPH

Established Member
I was just looking at it today, not to scare you but did you see the curb rash on the front rim (drivers side) ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread