**Pics**Differential Stud Kit & LPW Diff Cover

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
Hey guys im just in need of some help. I recently dropped my rear IRS and while its out im doing all the bushings. I went with Full Tilt Boogie Racing and the quality and workman ship is great. I also have a LPW Diff cover with the bearing caps. I also bought an arp stud kit for the rear diff as well. My question is where does the Stud kit go? It only came with 4 bolts. On one side of the bolt its a corse tread and on the other its a fine tread. The fine threaded side came with nuts. Here's a pic.
34523_417487206811_631506811_4620370_1112817_n.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

racebronco2

Established Member
Hey guys im just in need of some help. I recently dropped my rear IRS and while its out im doing all the bushings. I went with Full Tilt Boogie Racing and the quality and workman ship is great. I also have a LPW Diff cover with the bearing caps. I also bought an arp stud kit for the rear diff as well. My question is where does the Stud kit go? It only came with 4 bolts. On one side of the bolt its a corse tread and on the other its a fine tread. The fine threaded side came with nuts. Here's a pic.
34523_417487206811_631506811_4620370_1112817_n.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The bolts should be for the main caps.

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
I guess this means inside the diff ? Does it require a lot of work or is it a relatively easy job? The diff is completely out and the half shafts are out as well. So i want to do everything i possibly can so i never have to drop the IRS again. Again Thanks a lot for all the help!!

greengt88

Established Member
They replace the 4 bolts that hold the diff. In. Just remove them. And install the studs. Make sure to keep the caps on the same side they came from. Also note the direction of the arrows that are cast onto the caps and make sure they face the same direction. Torque to specs and u are done. I wanted to get studs for the cover as well but couldn't find them. The arp bolts are a nice alternative though. Much nicer than the hardware lpw includes. And don't use a gasket to seal it use gray rtv sealant and let it sit for 24 hrs. Before u refill the diff. Would be a good time to replace the bearings and seals also. Frpp sells a kit for like $25. Gonna do that also, when I do my full tilt kit and the diff. Waiting to get a tru trac and mikronite treated 3.73's.

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
how hard is it to change the bearings? yea im gona go with the gray sealant from ford along with motor-craft gear oil and the friction modifier. Thanks for all the info guys! also where can i get them for 25 bucks? that's a great deal if you ask me.

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
M-4413-A is the bearing/seal kit from frpp. $21.95 @ jeg's. should be easy with a slide hammer, u may need a cut-off wheel to cut the cages on the needle bearings if the slide hammer doesn't work. might also need a torch. Should be the same as doing a solid axle 8.8.

greengt88

Established Member
yep those are the same bolts i purchased, needed 2 packs. really wanted studs though. if anyone finds them let me know.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I plan on doing the full boogie tilt bushing kit and the lpw cover as well when the car gets treated with lowering springs next year. I was looking at getting these arp bolts in the link below instead of the bolts included with the lpw cover. Will need to buy two sets.

ARP 612-1250 - ARP Stainless Steel Bolts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

yep those are the same bolts i purchased, needed 2 packs. really wanted studs though. if anyone finds them let me know.

Make sure you guys use a 5/16 socket on those bolts, otherwise you WILL round them off tightening them.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Make sure you guys use a 5/16 socket on those bolts, otherwise you WILL round them off tightening them.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to have a "FORD" performance shop do all the work. I'm sure it will be spendy. But there rates are reasonable at 85 bucks an hour. Same place that installed my upper pulley and dyno tuned it.

I'm not sure if they ever done this particular bushing install or not.

OP-Not trying to hijack your thread. :beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Might as well rebuild or replace your diff. with an upgraded unit while its down. If rebuilding use 2 of the best old carbon plates to tighten the engagement as well as an F150 diff. spring.

Users who are viewing this thread