Pics from the SLR Experience

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Got extremely lucky to drive an SLR, it is an awesome machine. The MB folks were really great and it was an awesome time. Enjoy the pics

Hojo74

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01790.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I will just say I got extremely lucky, it is possible to sign up at the web site. I highly recommend it, great people and the cars are freaking crazy.

I actually got to drive the SLR, SL65, SL500, and AMG SLK55
The torque on the SL65 is unreal.

Here is a website with more info:
https://www.mbevents.com/slr/overview.asp

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
*orgasm* How the HELL did you get to drive that gorgeous piece of highly crafted art? I ENVY you to the extreme.

*Edit: Read you above post. Well worth it my friend. Congrats on that :beer:

Last edited:

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
LedVenom281 said:
*orgasm* How the HELL did you get to drive that gorgeous piece of highly crafted art? I ENVY you to the extreme.

*Edit: Read you above post. Well worth it my friend. Congrats on that :beer:
+1

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
The SLR and SL65 are insane, they actually let me disable the traction control and it was tire destruction. The SLR is crazy because it pics up speed so fast yet is still smooth.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Force4.6 said:
The SLR and SL65 are insane, they actually let me disable the traction control and it was tire destruction. The SLR is crazy because it pics up speed so fast yet is still smooth.

So what was it like when you get back in your Cobra, just not the same anymore? :)

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Very Nice!
Am I reading this right though: You had to pay $2,395 in order to attend this event? If so then DAMNNN thats really for the high rollers. :banana:

BM1

Established Member
For some reason the car looks like the penis car from "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" on SNL.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
WireEater said:
So what was it like when you get back in your Cobra, just not the same anymore? :)

Its weird I thought I would more impressed with the power but it was actually the steering, brakes, and how smooth the cars handled that impressed me the most. Although when you put your foot to the floor on a 600+ hp car its an experience that has to be felt, words just don't do it justice. When I got back in the Cobra it seemed unruly and uncivilized. The SLR would would be more of a scalpel and the Cobra is more like a hammer.

Users who are viewing this thread