Pics of anyone running a 295/40/20 on a lowered car?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
To me, this is the most interesting post in this thread. Can you elaborate on *why* you want that rating, and why you want all-seasons?
I daily drive my car in every weather condition that Texas can throw at me. I drive on roads that are pure shit and have dreams about the day that the city/county will finally fill their pot holes. I don't take every corner looking for 1g in lateral accel, and I don't try to hook up at every stop light like I'm trying to pull off a perfect RT at the track. I am looking for a tire that will last me the miles they say it will last me, will ride quiet, and will provide all the traction I will need in every situation I will drive in. My car will never see over 400 whp in the next 5 years, and if it does, I will most likely have a DD to drive the car as a fun toy.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
After reading some more lengthy reviews, it appears the DWS tires are some what hit and miss. Some people are getting 40k+ out of the tires, others are barely squeezing out 10k. Also, the sizes I want aren't available right now. Good thing I don't need tires right this minute.

So as it sits right now, looks like Michelin Pilot SS are the front runner since they are offered in the sizes I want.

t-ray

Established Member
I daily drive my car in every weather condition that Texas can throw at me. I drive on roads that are pure shit and have dreams about the day that the city/county will finally fill their pot holes. I don't take every corner looking for 1g in lateral accel, and I don't try to hook up at every stop light like I'm trying to pull off a perfect RT at the track. I am looking for a tire that will last me the miles they say it will last me, will ride quiet, and will provide all the traction I will need in every situation I will drive in. My car will never see over 400 whp in the next 5 years, and if it does, I will most likely have a DD to drive the car as a fun toy.

A 540 rating is extremely hard. *Extremely* hard. I think you will be able to find a better sized tire if you relax your criteria a bit.

I'm running Sumitomo HTR Z3s in the oem brembo size (255/40), and I love these tires. They are still summer tires, and they have very good grip (both static and laterally). The wear rating is something like 260 or 280 IIRC, but I wouldn't worry about that. I had these same tires on my last car, and I think total they have gone 35k (new owner hasn't replaced the tires yet). Yes, they're summer tires, but they behave extremely well even in cold temps.

The best part is that they are a pretty damned quiet tire, and very comfortable.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
A 540 rating is extremely hard. *Extremely* hard. I think you will be able to find a better sized tire if you relax your criteria a bit.

I'm running Sumitomo HTR Z3s in the oem brembo size (255/40), and I love these tires. They are still summer tires, and they have very good grip (both static and laterally). The wear rating is something like 260 or 280 IIRC, but I wouldn't worry about that. I had these same tires on my last car, and I think total they have gone 35k (new owner hasn't replaced the tires yet). Yes, they're summer tires, but they behave extremely well even in cold temps.

The best part is that they are a pretty damned quiet tire, and very comfortable.
That's good to know. It's just hard tire shopping and not being able to test drive each tire before buying.

I still have time before I get rims and tires, so maybe things will be a little better in terms of sizes and what not by then.

Users who are viewing this thread