Pics of Blue GT500

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i think that hood looks fine. i think it looks better than a cowl would look although just give me a big flat black BOSS 429 scoop.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I don't understand why you guys all hate that hood. I think it makes the car look aggressive. The vents look like a Cobra's nostrils and the grill like its mouth. They'll fix the stripes or we could have them deleted. Hopefully, they will make the vent material a better quality (like Carbon Fiber or something). If they don't, aftermarket likely will.

I'd say the thing to do is go see the car in person, then make a judgement. If you still don't like the hood, buy something else.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Anyone that has driven a new Mustang at speed on a track will want those hood pins ... Not a bad thing ...

Ken

I'd say the thing to do is go see the car in person, then make a judgement. If you still don't like the hood, buy something else.[/QUOTE]

I agree competely about the hood. You know there going to a pile of aftermarket hoods and they have some really cool designs of there to choose from. take the stock GT500 hood and put it on mothballs, and get a nastly looking induction hood :banana:

chuckstang

Established Member
could clearance and cooling issues keep the consumer limited to what aftermarket hoods we can chose though? I mean that is Ford's excuse afterall...

Orange Poison

Established Member
I will say that this particular car looks great in that color/stripe combo. Although those stripes appear to be silver? I think they'd look great in white with the Sonic/Vista blue.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
I will say that this particular car looks great in that color/stripe combo. Although those stripes appear to be silver? I think they'd look great in white with the Sonic/Vista blue.

The stripes were sort of a gray/silver color, didn't have much of a metallic hue to them...

Last edited:

Ken

Blue Poison said:

I totally agree, i/m hoping the be able to get mine with VB w/white striping :bowdown:

broeli

Established Member
Cobra 2997 said:
Suburb of Cinti OH this past Sunday, car was also at Edgewater (drag strip) on Saturday, but didn't make any passes.
Interesting. It must be near where I live also. I live on the east side of Cinti (Anderson/Eastgate area). I guess I went to the wrong drag strip last weekend. I was at Tristate dragstrip. I guess I need to start carrying my camera :)

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I like the blue, the grille-front fascia, and of course the motor but that's about it. Guess it'll take awhile for me to get used to. :sleeping:

terminator02

Established Member
I never thought I would see the day where a stock GT looks like a more complete package than the updated cobra. I am bored of my 03 Cobra, and am looking to upgrade. It will be impossible to justify this purchase at 40k. Its uglier than the GT. Even though the regular GT has no exciting hood...at least it is plain and boring. This thing is the most inconsistent looking, piece of garbage ive ever seen.

You have to be a real die-hard to say this hood is good. how the Fck are you gonna have stripes not be completely in line with the vents? Vinyl stripes at that. The GT500 stripes going down the side of the car look ricey and terrible. They are detracting from the classic proportions of the car. Lets not forget the side view mirrors lack of color. Pure garbage.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i love the thing, including the hood. i guess the GT500 stripes were the pre-cursors of rice back in the 60s, right? dont worry though, there WILL be someone there to take your car for you.

terminator02

Established Member
Im sorry, but I dont think that it will be as big of seller as the 03/04. This car is butt ugly. When the 03 pics were shown did people complain? No. They were thrilled. Look at the posts man. People are pissed and let down from what was shown at concept. 95 percent the same? My ass. Yes you can pick up that plain looking rush job that is full of marketing. But I will just sacrifice and step up to a used c6 z06.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Stock GT back bumper :nonono: and what the hell happened to the hood and stripes they look like ass. :xpl:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Before you guys get to worked up, that’s not the production car. It’s a test mule. The production car looks a little different including the hood. Or so I’ve heard. I guess you’ll have to wait and see if I’m right. I have mine on order.

Tim :beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
Before you guys get to worked up, that’s not the production car. It’s a test mule. The production car looks a little different including the hood. Or so I’ve heard. I guess you’ll have to wait and see if I’m right. I have mine on order.

Tim :beer:

amazing how many times we have to remind everyone of this, isn't it? :-D

Users who are viewing this thread