Pics of Blue GT500

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
the '00 R did not have an Aluminum block! :( Had it had one... I would have purchased one... that was one of the major drawbacks (IMO)... for a supposed purpose built Race Car.

Peace!

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I keep seeing the Vette stated as being a $50,000 plus car..
When in reality they are not..
Z51 equipped Corvettes can now be had for the mid to low 40's. Just check out Kerbeck's site..The shortages are over, and the "base" cars are readily available now.

Price is not going to be a determining factor when picking between the Shelby and the Vette.. They are going to be priced very closely..

Its going to come down to prefrence between the two..
Which do you like better? ;-) Its going to be as simple as that.

chuckstang

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
the '00 R did not have an Aluminum block! :( Had it had one... I would have purchased one... that was one of the major drawbacks (IMO)... for a supposed purpose built Race Car.

Peace!

HUH
The 00 R does have an aluminum block.
Some one else chime in because I have always thought it had one!

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Yeah... someone else please chime in... cuz so far... all you guys that 'think' what they have... ARE WRONG!! Go visit the forum... just a couple topics down... and askt the Cobra R guys... they'll let ya know all about their IRON BLOCK Cobra R's! :(

Peace!

Dave

terminator02

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
My .02... the naysayers are all '03-'04 owners that can't afford to upgrade... :whine:

Fact is... the car will flat SMOKE the '03's... and anyone who thinks that car looked something 'drastically' different than a regular mustang are SMOKING SOMETHING! :rolleyes:

The only PRO to the '03+'s... was the SUPERCHARGER! The Iron Block always left something to be desired... and so did the POS IRS rear suspension! :xpl:

The GT500 will be BADA$$... especially if the only thing people can bitch about is 'do ya like the hood or not'... nothing else has changed... the Blower is still better than that of '03's and no one bitched about them... and plenty have still upgraded to different chargers... just as I am sure GT500 owners will if they so chose! :beer:

$40K for this car is A STEAL!!! Look at what the '00 Cobra R's went for... this has the same front brakes... better rear suspension (sorry that IRS is weak!)... and not only has (we'll call it the same 5.4 litre) with better heads... and a BLOWER!!! COME ON GUYS... :bowdown:

Wake up... the car is a MUSTANG... so there's always room for improvement... but all in all... if the '00 Cobra R didn't get an Aluminum block... we sure aint! And either did the '03 Cobra's! :read:

Don't like it... Don't buy it! But all of us will be sure to post how many '03-'04 cobra's we killed with em! :nono:

Wow you are a noob. Did you read any of our posts? I am an 03 owner and believe me, its not because I cannot afford an upgrade. I am probably just going to upgrade to something even more expensive. 40k is a pretty penny for a weekend toy, and I will likely spend a greater amount of money to get something worthy of my money. If you think Ford is really going to make it super easy to switch the pullies on the new stang..YOU are the one that is smoking something. Aren't there already big concerns with this?

I am tired of my 03, and I am no elitist when it comes to cars, nor am I a blind sheep. FORD will not lead me to the "green pastuer" like they will to you with this marketing hoopla. As someone else just stated; the corvette is had in the lower to mid 40s now. I would rather have a base corvette with z51 and be a LITTLE slower than the cobra, but have better handling, lighter weight, better looks, more amenities, and a better overall driving experience. Also..I would NEVER buy that base vette! lol. It doesnt interest me. But its better than the similarly priced "SHELBY." The z06 will have my name on it, unless drastic measures are taken with this car.

Dave, you are sheep. Just accept it. Have fun "blowing the 03s away in a straight line." Damn you sound like such a...oh nevermind. But in all seriousness, you are so wrong about this car. It is not worth 40k, there are better cars for the money, and it DOES look worse than the 03. Period. Story ended...you are owned.

terminator02

Established Member
to further your ownage let me say something else Dave. "the ONLY PRO to the 03's were their superchargers"
LMAO you are the noob of the week. Hmm what about the 6 spd? WHat about the actually good looking hood? What about the new front fascia? what about the new bumper? Even that cheap black plastic casing that encloses the exhaust is pretty cool looking. lets see 99/01 is not even close to the car 03/04 for the money. THERE WERE MANY CHANGES THAT WERE WORTHWHILE. The gauges in the car were a step up from teh 99/01s as well. Are you still sure it was only a supercharger upgrade taht was worthwhile for the 03s? Maybe it was the MOST SIGNIFICANT, but ONLY...yawn.

stangfreak

Established Member
who cares about the hood, i want to know how fast this car is.

but i wont sell my 03 cobra hehe.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Geez, and I thought this thread was about the pics of the Blue GT500, silly me! :rollseyes

DBK said:
Not too crazy about the hood still, but I'm glad to see people are still holding it down complaining about the 500hp SRA 40k muscle car. :lol1: Face it, it's a bad mother****er for what it is. It's never going to be a Vette, nor should it be. You want 10's, what are you gonna buy, a C6 or a GT500...I know what I'd buy...
I pretty much agree with DBK. Plus, I need 4 seats (got 2 kids). In my mind the GTO/SRT's/Camaro come-lately are comparable for 4 seaters, and they probably won't compare (we'll see come Jan)--but they cost less.
By the way, I love the blue! :beer:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Terminator02... I have never seen someone be the judge/jury throughout their entire post! All by their lonesome! :bs:

PUHLEEZE... Why don't ya google my name... and see my results... and let me google yours... and check yours? And let's SEE who's the NOOB!!! :lol1:

You talk about Ford leading me to the green pasture... yet I've owned Cobra R's... Cobra's, Mach 1's... Z-28's, WS6's, Z-06's Vipers, you name it... It ain't about green pasture... it's about bang for the buck! And cars that meet multiple needs. :read:

If you think this car looks worse than an '03... you're an idiot (no one needs to own ya, to tell you that!... look at the sales of the new Body style... they speak for themselves... quit being jealous... and wake up)... I still think the '03's are cool cars... but that's like saying the old Z-06 is better than the new one! It ain't... it was cool when it was the new dawg... but there's a new one... just as there is a GT500. :p

Fact is... in the beginning, I thought the '01 cobra's had a 'meaner' front nose, than the '03's... but over time... the '03's grew on me... and I think they look cool... but in no way do they look as mean as the new GT500. (or a new Mustang GT)... :shrug:

I'll give you the 6 speed 'would' have been cool... had they used the '00 R ratio's... but the tall Viper Ratios really are a drawback... supposedly the GT500 is getting a combination of the '00 R, and the '03 Cobra Ratio's... so we'll see! ;-)

It isn't about getting owned... it's about people kicking and screaming so loud to try and dismiss something new and BETTER coming along... It isn't personal... and it doesn't mean your '03 is a POS... it just means better has come along... it's evolution... and it happens with every make & model! :cryying:

As for a better car for $40K... I can't think of one for $70K! Let me tell you why... I have my 2nd child due any day now... (1st one is 3 1/2)... I loved my Vettes & Vipers... but my kid wasn't even 1 by then... so it was ok... now, I want to take the family on the weekend cruises, etc... and I need four seats... and if you want 500HP... and 4 seats... you either need an AMG, and M-Series, or a new GT500... other than that... and you pretty much have 2 seats! Which unfortunately isn't practical for me at this time. :rolling:

Enjoy your ride! :beer:

Dave

terminator02

Established Member
I didn't say the new mustangs were uglier than the old style mustangs. I said the New cobra is uglier than the 03 cobra. THe new mustang GT looks a million years better than the old GT. Most will agree with that. But Many won't agree that the new cobra looks better than the 03 cobra. The new GT does NOT look better than an 03 cobra. There were alot of things done to teh cobra that differentiate it from the "old" bodystyle GT.

As far as teh "google my name and i'll google yours." LMAO...what an insecure guy. OOh wow, someone on the internet rattles your feathers and you need to tell me what a big bad racer you are...NOOB:)

In all honesty, I think I will take my chances so to speak with my income, my businesses, and my life thank you..but thanks for the offer. I really could care less about googling your real name. If you googled mine, you might see what businesses I own, and maybe an old criminal thing here or there from old times...neat.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
You're the one that called me the NOOB... so I tried to supply you with some impartial data... :read:

I'm not impressed with the KIOSK you own in a mall... selling Cell Phone Covers! Don't try braggin' about the money you do have... (Or Don't)... :lol:

Fact is... you're admitting the '05 GT looks better than the '04 GT... but you think you're '03 looks 'Drastically Different'??? PUHLEEZE!!! :xpl:

I think it would be difficult for me to be considered insecure... I post with my real info... and don't hide behind screen names. :kaboom:

Fact is... the '05 GT500 is an awesome ride... for what it is... (I didn't see a single rebuttal to anything I wrote... except for the google... is that the best you can do for your lonely ole' '03??) :poke:

terminator02

Established Member
Also, you cant think of a better car for 70k because you have another kid on that way. umm OK. If my kid wants to ride in a new z06 so be it. If my Wife and Kid want to ride at the same time in a sports car, then I will get a Sports car with four seats. But sports cars IMHO are best experienced in a 2 seater. The new Z06 is a MUCH better car, seats issue being accounted for. If you HAVE to have four seats because you are gonna be doing alot of family driving, then a Cobra probably isnt your best bet. Maybe its time to get an SUV or something. Really.

You seriously are delusional in your thinking about the new Cobra. That is the bottom line. You can TRY to attack my character by calling me an "idiot" tell me im the "noob" because I haven't tracked a car like you have, or as in your original post implicitly talking about me "not being able to afford the car" i just laugh at you. No really, in a way you are the noob. It doesn't take being a racer to know that Ford is Messing up this car. MANY people on an enthusiast site agree. This car is turnign out to be a real yawner. I would think a guy of such high calibur like yourself would realize the crap they are doing to this 40k car. No painted side mirrors..come on! lol enjoy that car. I won't be in my 03 anymore, but I will be in a car that actually deserves my 40..or MORE money.

terminator02

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
You're the one that called me the NOOB... so I tried to supply you with some impartial data... :read:

I'm not impressed with the KIOSK you own in a mall... selling Cell Phone Covers! Don't try braggin' about the money you do have... (Or Don't)... :lol:

Fact is... you're admitting the '05 GT looks better than the '04 GT... but you think you're '03 looks 'Drastically Different'??? PUHLEEZE!!! :xpl:

I think it would be difficult for me to be considered insecure... I post with my real info... and don't hide behind screen names. :kaboom:

Fact is... the '05 GT500 is an awesome ride... for what it is... (I didn't see a single rebuttal to anything I wrote... except for the google... is that the best you can do for your lonely ole' '03??) :poke:

WOW. I own a cell phone kiosk? I own a chain of pizzaria's and an E bay business. I am 26 years old, and gross over 300k a year in cash. I grew up in Detroit, and put myself through college. I have had zero handouts, but hussled my way into good business dealings. I have been fortunate enough to use OTHER people's money to start my restaurantes. In the past few years I have paid off my house completely, my 03 cobra, and about 30k in credit card debt. ALL businesses are paid in full.

WHEN i decide to sell them, and move on, I will have a hefty chuck of change. I actually admin a site for Counter-strike (its a game that I really enjoy) and use my real name. This was started when I was in college, and really just kept it. Obviously this is before I knew the 02 would really end up being "03" hence "terminator02." I have nothing to hide, but this post really just proves what kind of individual I am communicating with. If you are going to post what businesses i own "a cell phone kiosk" then at least represent what I OWN correctly.

As far as I have not replied to you? LOL. I have said all my qualms with teh new Cobra in previous posts. YOu are the one that came in and started making accusations. "its ALL 03/04 owners that cant afford the upgrade, my .02" I really have no reason to reply further, enjoy getting the last word in, but you really have begun sounding like a jackass.

broeli

Established Member
I have my 2nd child due any day now... (1st one is 3 1/2)... I loved my Vettes & Vipers... but my kid wasn't even 1 by then... so it was ok... now, I want to take the family on the weekend cruises, etc... and I need four seats... and if you want 500HP... and 4 seats... you either need an AMG, and M-Series, or a new GT500... other than that... and you pretty much have 2 seats! Which unfortunately isn't practical for me at this time.
I'm in the same boat. Although I don't HAVE to have four seats since we have other cars I bought one anyway..an Evo. I didn't want just power I wanted something that was a top notch handler and braker..and I was hoping the new GT500 would fit in the catagory of an overall performer but really it won't. If I need 500hp it is pretty easy to get it with the Evo :) Right now I'm happy with it at 350awhp though.
Any way you look at it $40k is a lot of money for a straight line runner with old school technology

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Maybe your family doesn't like going on road trips with you... come on... tell the Truth! :-D

I'm sorry... I have plenty of SUV's, Trucks, and other cars... but none have 500HP... and 4 seats... and I'm sorry that you think I could take my Vette on a weekend cruise with the family... and that I should leave someone at home. :(

Honestly... the other car I had been considering... and it just looks like it won't be out to closer to mid '07... is the new M3 w/ V8... this could be a decent Grand Tourer... but other than that... the GT500 is the only car I can see right now... that fits all my needs. :beer:

I see new '05 Mustang GT's... and they look good to me also... so I am definitely confident the GT500 would look even better! ;-)

As for the noob... comments... I have stayed out of 'most' of the bickering between '03 Cobra owners, and potential GT500 owners... it was just time to set the record straight... :mj:

Same goes for people who really think the name Shelby adds no value to this car... it adds TREMENDOUS Value! Maybe not to 16-25 year old kids... but anybody 30 and above sure knows the name and record that Shelby has associated with his name. :bowdown:

Much the same reason Z-06 is king of Retro for Corvette! ;-)

Term02... it also was never personal... whether you have all the money in the world... or none of it... it's the fact that 'it seems' everyone who has the '03's -'04's want to continue to talk trash about a car that comes out costing just $5 - $7K more thousand than theirs and has so much more potential for performance?

Last edited:

terminator02

Established Member
Well, seeing that we are back on topic..I don't think Z06 is king of retro vettes. Teh majority of buyers by it for its performance benefit (much like SVT). I think INITIALLY, people outside of internet forums may rush to the "SHELBY." But this is one Shelby that has no engineering or anything to do with Carrol Shelby other than marketing. Pure and simple. Cars should never be bought for investments in mind. But the cars that end up being worth something..well they leave a legacy. I promise you, this one is not shaping up to do that as of yet. Shelby is ONLY adding a premium to this car..thats it, otherwise its a pure SVT cobra..thats it. So I have a problem with that. It sucks!

I also have a problem with there being fake stripes on a 40k car! No side mirrors painted either! No "SHELBY" on the back (hey at least get me some attention from other car drivers for that extra 5k).

It will have to be seen if it really is 500hp. But 07 is much different than 03. People appreciate weight loss these days. This car is too fat, and the EVO, 350z, rx-8, amongst many other cars, are now showing what kind of VALUE you can get with a car under 35k. No maybe the cobra will be faster in a straight line. But I enjoy a good turning radius too. I drive my 03 and it feels like an F'ing boat. I demand more from SVT.

Corvette did not just challenge the Viper with more HP. It created an amazing vehicle. 3130 pounds, 505hp, Dry sump, carbon fiber panels, wider tires, the list goes on and on. They didn't answer the call...they set a new standard. SVT and Ford are NOT setting a new standard, they are riding on what people responded to back in 03....well I am sorry, this is one previous very passionate owner of a Mustang Cobra...and my tastes and attitudes have changed. SVT and Ford are not setting new standards ( 03 cobra) they are just banking on pure marketing. Period.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
how has this car all of a sudden became a straight line only car? if i remember right, many magazines got handling numbers for the 05 GT just under what the 03/04 cobras got. and, unless your a jealous previous gen cobra owner, its common sense that ford is gonna increase the handling capability since its a cobra. and everyone seems to say that the 01/03/04 cobras have pretty good handling for the car it is. it better handle better anyways considering it has a much much stiffer chassis and the great 3 link rear.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Term02, I agree with everything you're saying here... trust me... if you search these threads... I am in the exact same place... I hate seeing the way Ford is going with Weight & Size... and luckily (for now) it at least has 500HP (Or should very easily)... :beer:

But trust me... a 'true favorite' for me... would be a 'Boss 302' type car... 3200 lbs... 400HP etc... would prove to be a much more formidable car, and a blast! :burnout:

But the problem is... making lightweight cars is expensive... and unfortunately... there are not enough purists out there! Don't think it's odd seeing me (a road racer/autoxer) have to brag about 'straight line speed' :( It's because I can't do a RICER... I don't care how fast they make em... and how light... to me they are all just CRAP! (Sorry to anyone who owns one... their fast... and they even look cool... but they are mostly plastic, cheap, and crappy... oh wait... I already said that). :xpl:

And don't worry... many of them hate our American counterparts... and just think they are fat, big, and cheap plastic! ;-)

Look at how well the Bullitt did... the car was a 'cleaned up GT'... and sold well... :shrug:

So sorry for trying to take both sides in this argument... I would be first in line for a lightweight GT350 if they ever would make it... but honestly... the DOHC Motors will never allow Ford to have lightweight Drivetrain's... those things just weight to darn much! But when the '00 R was $55K... to me this car is a steal. And it's amazing how many people thought that car had an Aluminum Block! :nono:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
ummm...I...ummmmm... like the blue :poke:
the...uhhhh...
pics of the blue gt 500
look....good.. :poke: ....to.. :poke: ....me :poke: :poke: :p
Does anybody... :smmon: on this thread.. :wf: ..like the Blue, too-- or is it just me? :beer:

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Does anybody... :smmon: on this thread.. :wf: ..like the Blue, too-- or is it just me? :beer:
I like the blue, I just don't like the Shelby the blue is on :D

Users who are viewing this thread