Pics of completed Hellion install

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
the intake is that small to keep the velocity of the air high. Its like trying to use a garden hose to drink a soda rather then a small straw. Less volume means that the soda (or air in this case) travel faster.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Grey03Cobra,

How many miles do you have on the COBRA? It looks spotless. Also, what type of finish are your FR500 wheels in...? Looks like polished aluminum.

I have about 23,000 miles on it. They are hypercoated FR500's. I don't know what hypercoated is but, it reminds me of the liquid metal terminator guy.......emimetal poly alloy.

Winglesscobra

Columbus/Kent State
Established Member
Sweet Cobra, but he head lights and the Steeda wing gotta go even though I know its functional. I don't really like stripes either. Regaurdless your ride is a beast.

r6bullet

Established Member
Yea, it definitley stops fast now. The brake pads squeel a lot until they get hot.

Very nice car, my Brembos are the other way around. They start making noise when they get hot, still amazed on the improvment over the stock brakes.

Also for an off topic question, I have been thinking about getting coil overs, what kind of spring rate do you have? Length of spring? And what do you think of them?

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Very nice car, my Brembos are the other way around. They start making noise when they get hot, still amazed on the improvment over the stock brakes.

Also for an off topic question, I have been thinking about getting coil overs, what kind of spring rate do you have? Length of spring? And what do you think of them?

I have no idea. The it all came with the turbo kit. It is the UPR one and I believe the spring rates are specific to the 03/04 Cobra. You could probably check out thier website. I think it is a good set-up for the price. Personally, I would look into the Maximum Motorsports set-up. It is a bit pricey, but worth it in my book. I went with this set-up because I bought the turbo kit from UPR and they were only asking $5700 for it which included the upgraded Ball Bearing turbo.:-D

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
How does that thing breath with that little intake tube going to the T/B?!?! I guess real well cuz of the numbers I've seen off those.

because the turbo is not just "pushing" more air into the intake, it is pushing COMPRESSED air into it. big difference

you are absolutely correct that a pipe that small would choke a N/A motor tho(imagine a JLT intake with that size pipe :eek:)

edit: sweet ride BTW!

danny03cobra

Established Member
dude you have the same wheels as me and turbo kit, you want to trade? i have a sonic but want the DSG. lol mileage is really close to.

Georgie

Established Member
you gotta lose the wing man... hows the bend where the intake side meets the throttle body? does it line up? they always look outa place on the hellion kits..

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
I though the same thing when I unwrapped it when I first bought the kit. Who knows. It would be interesting to see if anyone has used a larger pipe.

Hey, I just noticed you live in charleston. So do I. We gotta meet up so I can check this thing out. Awesome car and I like the wing. Btw, who are you gonna have tune it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread