Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I agree with your color choice.

<----- MINE!!!!

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Congrats! You'll love your new car! Wish you a speedy recovery!

Ditto.

I can only imagine how cool that was.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Congrats

Cool PIXS.

I saw your car being loaded on that van and loved the look of it then.

Just absolutely beautiful.

Looks like moms smile says I am driving this beast!!

:thumbsup:

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
That car is absolutely beautiful! :thumbsup: Congrats!

Take care of yourself and that arm; I hope everything goes well with recovery. I'm sure once you are able, you will look for a reason (uh, EXCUSE) to go for a drive.;-)

ntechnic

Established Member
Thank you to everyone for all of the congrats and well wishes. This board is my new—“Yeah, I know the client wants it uploaded by noon and I’m on that DAMN Cobra web site again. Just get off! I’ll make the deadline!”—distraction. Since my wife is my CFO and Controller (in her spare time), it’s very cool lifestyle.

Anyway, to all – the arm will be freed on January 7th. But then the joints will be stuck, so a couple of weeks of physical therapy to break the adhesions and scar tissues and I’m back to normal.

I cannot close the driver’s side door when I’m in the car, arm + contraption is much too wide. Soooo…Monday my best bud in the hood is going to help me wedge the door open with vise grips and clamps. Then I’m going to tool around our neighborhood blocks for a bit. Our streets are empty during the day. I’ll drive and shift with my right hand while my left hangs out the wedged open door. If any cops see us, they’re probably neighbors who will just laugh at me. After a couple of miles we’ll come home so that I can claim the official maidenhead honor.

Later on Monday my buddy will drive 25 break-in miles up Bouquet Canyon with me riding shotgun. Nine more 50 mile day trips just for break-in (gotta remember the brake rotors) over the next two weeks, and viola!

Then I’ll let my “spousal unit” drive round trip 80 miles to the Nestle Building twice a week and the car should be ready for me again by the 7th.

My wife pretends to roll her eyes and all about the car, but she loves how happy it makes me. And she drove our highly modified ’95 GT vert like a bat of hell anyway. She goes through the motions of bitching and moaning, but then lays rubber tracks and rejoices in smoking rice before and after work.

Here’s the clincher. Tonight she says out of the blue, “Do you think the Cobra can beat that Porsche?” “The black turbo with four-wheel drive?” I ask. “Uh-huh,” she replies, pretending to be interested in something in the paper. I tell her, “A few mods, and some practice on your technique, sure, why?” “Because I want to drive the fastest car at Nestle that everyone talks about while they’re nuking their lunch in the coffee room.”

God I love that woman! She then told me that she wants us to go to at least two driving schools as soon as possible so she can learn to drive it the right way. I can drive well (ex-stock car, sports car, motorcycle, and land speed racer), she just wants me there for support at first. It’s what she wants for Christmas and Valentines Day.

Did I mention I really love this woman?

I liked this pic. It was really dark with the treat of rain at delivery and I just thought it was a cool pic:

Gumball

Established Member
I knew you were gonna get that god dam car before I got mine. You piece of...never mind just messing with you. I'm psyched to see that she arrived in one piece. I hope it's everything you thought it would be.

Best of luck with the car, the arm, the family, the house, the grass, the neighbors, the neighbors grass...well you get the picture.

Mine is suppose to be here this week so we'll see. If I can steal some one's digi camera I'll reciprocate with the pictures. You won't be able to see my grass though...covered in snow. But you can see the golf course in the backyard (much more important anyway).

BTW, you'd make a great waiter with your arm in that position.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I hope you complimented that trucking company?

Looks like they did an excellent job for you

:beer: :beer:

Blades

Established Member
I still see that snorkle hiding in the fenderwall.. :D Congrats man. I'd give you my old K&N air filter (used for 3 months) but i put it on my parent's 03 expedition :D. Im sure there are people here who had K&Ns and then did a cold air kit..

Anyone want to send ntechnic a free filter? :D

Pyro

Established Member
Ditto on the Color choice!! Enjoy and hope to see you on the Socal Roads. If you're ever in the Chino Hills area, keep an eye out for the Red Fire Coupe!

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by ntechnic

Anyway, to all – the arm will be freed on January 7th. But then the joints will be stuck, so a couple of weeks of physical therapy to break the adhesions and scar tissues and I’m back to normal.

I know what you mean about not being able to drive. I had surgery on my right shoulder to fix a torn labrum, they put in screws in as well. At least it is not your shifting arm...

However, I am obligated (by my fiance) to tell you that it is occupational therapy, not physical therapy. :rollseyes

I ONLY say this because, when I was having my therapy, I was introduced to my soon to be wife (an Occupational Therapist), where she quickly corrected me about the difference between pt and ot.

Good luck and a speedy recovery.

:beer:

Last edited:

ntechnic

Established Member
Actually, I already have several mods out in the garage. I have my Maximum Motorsports full-length subframe connectors and a Torsen differential which I had ordered prior to my surgery. I also have the black box II for reversing the traction control default position.

I'm planning on Magnaflow cat backs and a Densecharger cold air intake around February when both arms will be functioning well.

As far as occupational vs. physical therapy, I've had the same physical therapist for 16 years he works out of the Verdugo hospital physical therapy department. I did notice that the hospital I was at this time they sent a physical therapist and an occupational therapist, but I'm not clear on the difference. I'll have to ask my physical therapist when I see him next week.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Brand new car and house!

Did you buy it out of state? I didn't think California allowed that to buy a new car out of state and bring it in.

Users who are viewing this thread