Pics of my New IRS Mods

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Got the parts in a few weeks ago but just getting around to posting up some pics. The title should say 'mod' since the only actual mod shown is the LPW cover. Lol. But I also have the Full Tilt Boogie Racing Bushing Kit going in. The bushings are all packaged and labeled together. I don't want to take those out of their packaging until they're getting installed so no pics of those.

My IRS had leaking and getting progressively worse for a year. It went from a light seep, to a drip, to a constant drip that left a trail in and out of my driveway and garage. :eek:

Decided to do it right this first time and not have to worry about it again. Got the IRS Subframe, upper control arms, Differential crosslink, and sway bar powder coated gloss black. The lower control arms were media blasted and are waiting for me to paint them. I'll also be doing a good amount of cleaning back there, as well as replacing the fuel filter - which is in a horrible location for those who have never changed one.

I also have MM sway bar endlinks and Tie Rods going on. I'll try to get some pics of the sway bar endlinks tomorrow, but MM is on back order until April 6th on the Tie Rods. Anyway, here are the pics.

DSCN1316.jpg
"]
DSCN1316.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1317.jpg
"]
DSCN1317.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1318.jpg
"]
DSCN1318.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1319.jpg
"]
DSCN1319.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1320.jpg
"]
DSCN1320.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1321.jpg
"]
DSCN1321.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1322.jpg
"]
DSCN1322.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1323.jpg
"]
DSCN1323.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1324.jpg
"]
DSCN1324.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1325.jpg
"]
DSCN1325.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1326.jpg
"]
DSCN1326.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1327.jpg
"]
DSCN1327.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1328.jpg
"]
DSCN1328.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1329.jpg
"]
DSCN1329.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1330.jpg
"]
DSCN1330.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1331.jpg
"]
DSCN1331.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1332.jpg
"]
DSCN1332.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1333.jpg
"]
DSCN1333.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1335.jpg
"]
DSCN1335.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1336.jpg
"]
DSCN1336.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1337.jpg
"]
DSCN1337.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1338.jpg
"]
DSCN1338.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1339.jpg
"]
DSCN1339.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1340.jpg
"]
DSCN1340.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1341.jpg
"]
DSCN1341.jpg
[/URL]

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn Brandon looks awesome!! :thumbsup:.. that is going to look so sick!! Congrats man and I hope the install goes easily for you :beer:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Damn Brandon looks awesome!! :thumbsup:.. that is going to look so sick!! Congrats man and I hope the install goes easily for you :beer:

Thanks bro, the install definitely wasn't bad. I have the first hard part out of the way and it honestly wasn't bad for me. The next hard part will be getting the IRS back into the car, but I have a friend who has recently done this coming over to help so I'm not worried about it at all.

I was expecting the install to be much worse than it has been, but it's more time consuming than anything else.

greengt88

Established Member
how long did it take for the bushing install, gonna tackle the same project next weekend hopefully. Leaving out the powder coating though. wish i could do that looks amazing. did u order the adj. tie rods? did they come with bolts or just stacks of washers zip tied to the rod ends? I didn't recieve bolts with mine!?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
The parts looks good Brandon. When you going to put it back in the car?

sorry double post

It'll be put back together next weekend, but won't be finished until MM get more tie rods back in stock. They said their scheduled to get them in April 6th, so hopefully they do get them in and there wont be any more set backs.

For the time being, I'm cleaning the shit out of the underside of the car, wheel wells, etc.

how long did it take for the bushing install, gonna tackle the same project next weekend hopefully. Leaving out the powder coating though. wish i could do that looks amazing. did u order the adj. tie rods? did they come with bolts or just stacks of washers zip tied to the rod ends? I didn't recieve bolts with mine!?

Including dropping the IRS, taking it apart, pulling all of the stock bushings out, and drilling and tapping the holes for the grease fittings, I'd say I have about 10-15 hours into it tops. If I had to make an accurate guess, I'd say 11-12 hours. Just been doing it little by little after work each night. I've been doing all the work by myself and have been taking my sweet time. In all honesty, this install isn't bad.

I didn't order the tie rods yet because they weren't in stock when I called so I'm not sure what they look like. However, I plan to order the full tie tod kit. I'll be calling them back and ordering when their scheduled to get them in. You may want to call MM to be sure nothing was left out of your order.

greengt88

Established Member
why not get the tie rods from full tilt? theey're $160 and just as nice or nicer than mm's. and they are in stock just got mine and the bushing kit on friday. gonna have it installed next week/ weekend hopefully, along with the lpw cover once i get it in the mail. thinking about doing a differential and 3.27's while i'm in there. thoughts on that?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
why not get the tie rods from full tilt? theey're $160 and just as nice or nicer than mm's. and they are in stock just got mine and the bushing kit on friday. gonna have it installed next week/ weekend hopefully, along with the lpw cover once i get it in the mail. thinking about doing a differential and 3.27's while i'm in there. thoughts on that?

If MM doesn't get their's in when they're supposed to then I'll be going with the Full Tilt Tie Rods.

On the gears, I love our stock 3.55's. If not 3.55's then I like 3.73's. Personally, I wouldn't run any higher or lower gear than that on my street car. I think 3.27's are great for a turbo car, but I like 3.55's best for our PD blower cars. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread